Retrobike Area Groups 2013

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Retrobike Area Groups 2013

There will be a few changes to the area groups for 2013. This map outlines what they will look like.

rb_area_groups_2013_final_148.jpg

The main changes are the creation of the new Lincolnshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire Area group.
Anglian now becomes a stand alone group and the East Midlands expands to take in Staffordshire.

There will also be a few changes to the Area Event Coordinator (AEC) and Deputies (DEC) for these areas too.

In summary here are the area groups.

MacRetro: - the whole of Scotland and islands

North Wales: - Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham

South Wales: - Powys, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Monmouthshire and the Valleys

North East, North and West Yorkshire: - North and West Yorkshire along with Northumberland, County Durham and Tyne and Wear

North West: - Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Wirral and Cheshire

Lincolnshire, East and South Yorkshire: - Lincolnshire, East Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and Rutland

East Midlands: - Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Staffordshire

West Midlands: - Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire

Anglian: - Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes, Hertfordshire

South West: - Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Bristol and Avon

South East: - London, Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Surrey, Kent, West and East Sussex

------------------------------------------------
Here are some really big maps for even more clarity:

Firstly this one includes all the county and administrative boundaries as of 2009.
files/rb_area_groups_2013_os_2009_128.gif

And this one has the old counties and regions as of 1995:
files/rb_area_groups_2013_os_1995_163.gif

------------------------------------------------

why is west mids pink?.......can i request a more manly, hairy chested colour?.......british racing green perhaps?......its well known in these parts that the greatest ratio of old mountain bikes to slightly effeminate men with chequered slippers occurs in the east midlands........ :D

Now why is the south east pink ? Maybe , speaking as a member of the heterosexual minority , it's a fitting colour ! :LOL: I do however have Scottish ancestry , so I'll go second claim I think !
Mike

Mike Muz 67":303gu586 said:
Now why is the south east pink ? Maybe , speaking as a member of the heterosexual minority , it's a fitting colour ! :LOL: I do however have Scottish ancestry , so I'll go second claim I think !
Mike
I'd say it's more mauve or cerise rather than pink.
The South West is purple or violet or perhaps even 3DV.

The West Midlands is definitely pink though. It's the only way Ed Edwards would have it...

The West Mids is a kind of yogurt pink IMO !
I'm just happy not to be from Anglia , cos that is DEFINATELY baby blue ! :LOL:

Back