Gospel Pass Road Ride 17/11/12 Aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Top day out chaps, just about to prepare for the evening guests but more later.

Just got in , totally shattered !!!

By far my best road ride yet :cool:

More to be added later when I have recovered ... That will be next week then ha,ha

daj":if1esq20 said:
Just got in , totally shattered !!!

By far my best road ride yet :cool:

More to be added later when I have recovered ... That will be next week then ha,ha

I meant to say today that this was the third time i've ridden with you and it's easily the strongest you've looked.

P.s just softening you up ready for Cervelo piccies :)

More tomorrow.

Cheers Carl :D and I would like to see how you go on something sub 75lb !! :D

Only pics I took

Attachments

• photo (25).JPG
    photo (25).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,560
  • photo (44).JPG
    photo (44).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,560
  • photo (45).JPG
    photo (45).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,560
My best day out on a bike since my comeback 2 yrs ago...Many thanks for the great day guys!

That descent off Gospel Pass was utterly sublime, can't wait to ride it in the summer!!

Some pics - typical HTC quality!

Attachments

• IMAG1469.jpg
    IMAG1469.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMAG1466.jpg
    IMAG1466.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMAG1452.jpg
    IMAG1452.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMAG1448.jpg
    IMAG1448.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMAG1436.jpg
    IMAG1436.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMAG1432.jpg
    IMAG1432.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMAG1427.jpg
    IMAG1427.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,546
I managed to take camera with me and come back with no photos at all (probably a good thing given my photographic skills). Obviously believing that words speak larger than actions...

- no mechanicals. While accurate in the strict sense, we (ok, Dave) did experience two electrical issues within the first 4 miles. And then an innertube malfunction (but only as we left the cafe in Hay-on-Wye and then on the condition that we fixed it as a group). Obviously we did not point out that his modern Di2 equipped bike cost 4 times the cost of the other four bikes put together as that would have been crass.

- Karl on his 35 pound Harrier (that's 35lb for £35). Awesome stuff, the evaporating brake blocks were a particularly nice touch. It was so obviously hewn from solid win that we didn't even bother with voting for bike of the ride.

- many thanks to markyp for the tea and cake in Hay, carrot cake has rarely tasted so good.

- Karl, showing up with apres ride beer from the Church End Brewery, tasty.

- tarloone stating that he'd only returned to cycling 2 years before and showing us up as frauds on each climb. And then revealing, post ride, that he'd done an event in France in the summer that involved three consecutive 100 mile days. The grimpeurs build should have been a clue but 'well played sir'!

- being told that I looked 'smooth and seated' on a climb and having to issue a reminder that a gentleman only gets out of the saddle on the gallop.

Bottom line is thanks to all for making it a smashing day of memorable riding in great company.

Back