Cannock

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone ridden there recently?
I'm heading up at the weekend, and wondered just how muddy it is!

last time i was there it was still pretty good, if you stick to the main track it's fine but make sure you clean the bike well afterwards as it's quite gritty which isn't good for fork stanctions and shock bodies and disc pads ;)

jonnyboy666":1wubpdi2 said:
last time i was there it was still pretty good, if you stick to the main track it's fine but make sure you clean the bike well afterwards as it's quite gritty which isn't good for fork stanctions and shock bodies and disc pads ;)

Which is EXACTLY why I'll be taking the rigid Lobster ;)
Was there any forestry work going on when you rode there? Heard that there's a big (and swampy!) detour??

well i did the whole track last time i was there about a month ago but the time before there was a diversion but it was down a gravel track so no problem. there was a new track at one point that i have been down before and it was quite deep in sticky mud but if you're following the normal route you'll ride past it anyway not knowing it was there.

My boss usually rides there on a thurs night if he goes will get an update on the conditions. Have had quite a bit of rain here recently mind. Fingers crossed if its not to horrid on tues afternoon I should be taking the rsp there for a good test :twisted: .

poweredbypies":9uimu5pp said:
My boss usually rides there on a thurs night if he goes will get an update on the conditions. Have had quite a bit of rain here recently mind. Fingers crossed if its not to horrid on tues afternoon I should be taking the rsp there for a good test :twisted: .

Be good if you could find out what it's like.
Doesn't really bother me, but my mates with their fancy full sus 29'ers will get worried about their kashima coatings :LOL:

Back