Status
Not open for further replies.

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I've been asked a few times about putting on a ride over Gospel Pass so here goes.

Date: Saturday 17th November 2012

Time: 9.30 a.m. for a prompt 10 a.m. start

Ride: quiet, undulating country roads leading from Hereford to Pandy then over Gospel Pass (highest mountain pass in Wales) to Hay-on-Wye and back to Hereford.

Distance: 65-70 miles (there are various options for getting there and back but no options once on the Pass!)

Start and finish: Hampton Bishop Village Hall, postcode HR1 4JY details/directions here https://beta.herefordshire.gov.uk/leisu ... lage-hall/

Post Ride Grub: vegetarian chilli for all. Plus some fancy camembert and French bread fondue style starter.

Height gain: some

What is the ride like? As the photo shows, very pretty indeed. The climb of Gospel Pass is from the much shallower side so while it is longish it's not particularly steep. The descent into Hay is, for want of a better word, fully engaging with sheep casually wandering off the moorland. In all it will be a decent day out and very accessible.

What bike set up? Standard gearing (i.e. 39t or 42t up front) is fine although a 26t-28t at the back helps. The road is a bit rough in places so perhaps leave the silk tubs at home.

Who wants some?

Attendees:
- ededwards
- daj
- markyp
- grumpycommuter
- tarloone

Attachments

• gospel.jpg
    gospel.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,971
matthew71":23utfspx said:
if i can russel up a road bike before then i will be in attendance :D

Yeah baby!!

Still got the trek with a 53.5cm TT ?

A Cake from the Granary Cafe in Hay for anyone who bunnyhops the cattle grid on the descent.....and they do lovely cakes!

matthew71":2dny9f4a said:
What,s the seat tube dave?

Be too small for you Matt it's a 52 cm :cry:

I am sure we can muster something up though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back