Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike National Event Series 2012
With support from Bikefood

The Midlands Area Groups are proud to present...
Round 7: The Long Mynd ~ Shropshire

:: Date: Sunday 14th of October 2012
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Car Park at the junction of Easthope Rd and Lion Meadow, CHURCH STRETTON, SY6 6BL. Grid ref: SO 453936
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie ... 5&t=h&z=17
There is a car-park charge of £3.50 for the day.

:: Terrain: Open exposed moorland, the key word being EXPOSED.
Not particularly rocky, very retro-rigid friendly, long descents more than pay back the effort of the climbs.
We've been really fortunate with the weather to date, and hopefully we will be again, however it will be mid October, so be prepared.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

p1000050s_890.jpg

:: Route: Total distance for the day is approx 20 miles split equally morning and afternoon, with lunch at a great pub at Bridges. Pre-ordering is essential and a menu will be posted two weeks before the ride.

:: Directions: As stated above in Church Stretton. The car-park is next to a supermarket, and there is a bike shop within 3 minutes walk open from 10.00, so emergency spares and food aren't a problem. Public toilets on Easthope Rd.
There is a station within 5 minutes walk but you'll need to check the Sunday train times.

:: Accomodation:Stacks of camping in the area, including an outdoor pursuits centre that has pods as well as a camp site http://www.camping-shropshire.co.uk/ This is about 12 minutes cycle from our meeting place.

This is the last National Series ride of the year, and the first time that the Long Mynd has been the venue for such a ride.
The area is becoming increasingly popular with riders who could selfishly prefer to keep it a secret, but that wouldn't be in the Retrobike spirit at all.
So lets have one great bash to round off a terrific series of rides.

It really is a stunning area to visit and it's a cracking tried and tested route.
It'll be a fitting finale to the 2012 series and we hope to see you there.

I will be there gents!..... :D......will bring legs prepared for more soul crushing climbing!......

Looking forward to this ,we rode it earlier this year and I can reccomend the sausages and mash with onion gravy washed down with two pints of their fine Ale....then monster climbs and trying to keep the gargantuan portion of lunch down becomes quite a challenge :shock:
It was a great day out and will be an ace ride with great downhill sections to match the climbing ;)

The Mynd has provided some of my favourite riding of the last couple of years, plus the best food and hottest barmaids of all the Retro meets, will take something pretty catastrophic to keep me away! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back