Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:37 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

spencer13 wrote:
I'll be there. There will be beer. Gonna camp fri/sat. Got a load of karma tat to give away - shed needs clearing. Cheers
Spence

Excellent -had just been waiting for confirmation before we signed up... :P :lol:

Do you have those goodies for me? Going to pick up the wheels today and then the (cheapass) resurrection can begin... :D Don't suppose you're in need of owt I might be able to help with? Just as thanks :wink:

Camping in the middle of the Peaks, and you were expecting 'good honest Yorkshire tightwad' prices? Ha! Did have a nice little corner of the place to ourselves last year, well away from the Talbotdwellers 8) Didn't get any complaints, even when I was sat outside sometime after midnight enjoying an alfresco curry and a last pint or two...

Are all the better halves coming again this year too? Made for a differentbutnice atmosphere last year :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn

Rather sorry to not be able to make this this year. For those wondering, it is really rather a splendid day out.

Have fun guys. I'll look forward to the aftermath thread.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:49 pm 
King of Ales
King of Ales

elPedro666 wrote:
spencer13 wrote:
I'll be there. There will be beer. Gonna camp fri/sat. Got a load of karma tat to give away - shed needs clearing. Cheers
Spence

Excellent -had just been waiting for confirmation before we signed up... :P :lol:

Do you have those goodies for me? Going to pick up the wheels today and then the (cheapass) resurrection can begin... :D Don't suppose you're in need of owt I might be able to help with? Just as thanks :wink:

Camping in the middle of the Peaks, and you were expecting 'good honest Yorkshire tightwad' prices? Ha! Did have a nice little corner of the place to ourselves last year, well away from the Talbotdwellers 8) Didn't get any complaints, even when I was sat outside sometime after midnight enjoying an alfresco curry and a last pint or two...

Are all the better halves coming again this year too? Made for a differentbutnice atmosphere last year :)

dude gonna bring forks & stem down anything else you need? rachel(girlfriend person) might be coming fri if she gets off work early enough.are you arriving in the middle of the night again? if so i'll save you some brew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:55 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Location: He doesn't live in "The You-Kay"; he lives in GREAT BRITAIN!
elPedro666 wrote:

Ah, Pete; I have been busy.
I've e-mailed Pindale camping ground and the YHA camping barn in the Vale of Edale about accommadation as they are both about half the price of that one in Hope.
If they're booked out I'll travel down for the day instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 pm 

Rich Aitch wrote:
Ah, Pete; I have been busy.
I've e-mailed Pindale camping ground and the YHA camping barn in the Vale of Edale about accommadation as they are both about half the price of that one in Hope.
If they're booked out I'll travel down for the day instead.

Is it really that bad?! Normally I'd be totally in agreement (just remembered it was me saying the same last year!) but if there's a few us camped together within a short roll of the start, the pub and the takeaways (I'm trying hard not mention Spence...) it's got to be worth a few pennies extra, just this once, surely! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:53 pm 

spencer13 wrote:
dude gonna bring forks & stem down anything else you need? rachel(girlfriend person) might be coming fri if she gets off work early enough.are you arriving in the middle of the night again? if so i'll save you some brew

You are a total gent 8)

Kiran's coming, not sure on the other ladies yet, I'll ask Gav & Martin later. Should be in good time, as always... :roll:

Anything original that you might still have would be great (seatpost?), except the evil saddle, but I don't think I'm actually stuck for anything... The wheels I have are a bit modern I'm afraid, but they'll do the job for now and shouldn't look too terrible I hope.

Was more hoping I could bring a few bits for you, in appreciation! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Hopefully riding over for the day from Sheffield. probably Rigid and singlespeed again, although it may be on an Orange C16r that fits me rather than a Giant Cadex that's about 3 inches too small...

I might even try to do the whole ride this time rather than just meeting you all at the penny pot cafe.

Hopefully making a day of it and doing the quiz too - the quiz is on right? Might even be able to supply some good mystery objects.

Si F

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC

If I'm not working I'll be there with a +1

This year it's my +1 who'll be on a modern bike as I do actually have a retro(ish) bike that works ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:21 pm 
North West Deputy AEC
North West Deputy AEC

Im in just had the nod off the boss, this has to be one if not the best retrobike rides of the year, for me anyway, Im really looking forward to this and I will be on the smokestone hopefully,

rufus that last burger is still repeating on me I think I will be on tuna or something this time :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:31 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I am almost certain, i am away on business most of next week but if i can get back okay in time and get a few bits done i should be there :D

It is only about 1 hour up the road from me.

This would be my first peaks so do i take the '96 Fisher or the '97 MCM :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next