Dirty Weekender 2008- 31st May/1st June

All those that have expressed an interest- which weekend suits you?

• 10-11 MAY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17-18 MAY

• 24-25 MAY

• 31 MAY- 1 JUNE

• 7-8 JUNE

• 14-15 JUNE

• 21-22 JUNE

• Total voters

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Anyone up for a dirty weekend??

I've been plotting a little event to take place this May on the North Yorkshire Moors. Basically a good old social knees up. Gil_M and Sithlord and few other of the Northern Monkeys around here are in on the act and although only at the early stages of planning it's shaping up to be a belter of a plan.

The idea is to gather a few like minded souls for a weekend of Riding, Camping, BBQing and a few Pale Ales thrown in to keep everything nicely lubed. Hopefully we could turn it into an regular event. A bit of good old Northern hospitality for all our fellow Retro Bikers!

Outline plan is a mid saturday morning meet at basecamp (to be confirmed, but it probably is very much behind a country pub!), a couple of hours of riding on the fantastic North Yorkshire Moors and dales as planned by Gil followed by a late pub lunch and a little more riding or wobbling (see reference to Pale Ale above).
Evening will consist of more beer, a BBQ, show n shine, bike jumble/barter/swapmeet, some music and maybe even a light hearted Concours d'elegance (bikes not riders) no doubt into the early hours. I have sorted use of freezers, BBQs, electricity, lighting and a marquee etc. to act as a central hub
Sunday will consist of a run down the road to the Trail centre at Dalby Forest for a day of high jinks before a mid afternoon finish.

North Yorkshire Moors is an amazing playground for riders of all abilities (even me!) and is pretty central. Weather has been booked, the nights will be drawing out nicely and you have plenty of warning- so no excuses, get your name down now!!

Like I said planning is at an early stage. It would help if we could get an idea on numbers for this. I will be heading down there in the next few weeks to recce the area and check out a few campsites.

It could be an absolute blast but it needs your support guys- anyone up for it??

always up for these things, but always so dependant on prevailing conditions at home :?

sounds fun, put me as provisional :D

Can modern bikes (and riders!) turn up Dr S?

It's not the weekend of the 17th is it? That's round 2 of the Kielder Enduro Series.

You can turn up with anything matey ;) .
I want to get a little bit of a debate going and then we can fine tune things to fit around folks plans. Its all pretty fluid at the mo. It'll help if we can get an idea on numbers and dates before the end of the month when I go down to check out some campsites.
Supprised at the slow take up on this. Everyone must like polishing rather than riding I guess :p

Simon, May will be a bit "tight" for me. It's SSUK at the beginning of the month, round 2 of the Kielder Enduro Series on the 17th. I've got to fit 2 whole weekends of on-call into the month as well, which means on-call the weekend of the 10th and 24th. :(

Now, if it was the beginning of June............ :roll:

Back