Marin Dusk 'til Dawn Thetford - 4th October

I was thinking about it,as it's part of the series im doing.
1st is spam's set2rise12 in may[ see seperate thread]
Then is Gorrick12/12 @ the end of August, and then this 1.
Still a long way of,with plenty of races between :D
Night racing is where it's at ;)

I will ask around at the Thetford meet next Sunday to get more bods. I'm sure Madcowkev, Jango & Cannondale king will be up for it

Jango says yes! will see Cannondale King & Jango at the Thetford meet on Sunday.

The team is:
Myself - don't laugh - my best race results ever were at Thetford (10 years ago!) ;)
Wu-Tangled
Cannondale King
Jango

Do you need a reserve in case someone drops out? I'd be happy to fulfill that function if needed

I've just filled in my entry form & sent it off, doing a 2 man team & sh*tting it - my 1st event....ever :oops:

What sort of training should I be doing, genuine question

I plan on doing my commute to work 3 times a week which is 16 miles each way & then a 50 miler on either saturday/sunday - that anywhere near what I should be doing?

oh yeh, aim to loose a stone of fat too in the process & turn it into muscle!

cheers for any advice

Martin

Sound decent training to me Martin, would obviously suggest some night riding too. Don't forget to get decent rest in as well, that's a key part of getting fitter.

Basically, however fit you are a race of whatever distance should feel hard at the end if you go for it - as Greg Lemond said "it never gets any easier, just faster" - although the fitter you are the 'better' the hard feels and the quicker you recover.

Back