Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike National Event Series 2012
With support from Bikefood

The North East & Yorkshire Area Group is proud to present...
Round 4: Yorkshire Dales Classic ~ Swaledale

:: Date: Saturday 7th of July 2012

:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.

:: Meeting at: Dales Bike Centre: --> http://www.dalesmountainbiking.co.uk

:: Terrain: Moorland single track, double track, drovers roads, natural rocky trails and quiet country lanes.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

Picture039.jpg

:: Route: 21 miles / 5-6 hours riding (depending on pace and route options - shortcuts available if you're really struggling)

:: Directions: Grid Ref: SE 046 987 ~ Postcode: Richmond DL11 6AW

:: Parking: Field at side of Dales MTB Centre. £1.00 parking charge for the day.

:: Accomodation: There are various B&B's, camping barns, camp sites in and around Reeth, Fremington and Grinton area and a YHA at Grinton Lodge.

::Link to the start point http://goo.gl/maps/yoct

Picture092.jpg

Pre and post ride refreshments are available at the Dales MTB Centre. We will also be having the prize giving at the Centre after the ride.

Swaledale is one of the quieter Yorkshire Dales, but has grand vista's and some spectacular riding.
The route starts with a road warm up then continues onto the moors for some fast and furious fun.

We then ride over the old mine workings to Great Pinseat with its moon like surface and head towards Gunnerside.

After descending Gunnerside we stop for lunch at Ghyllfoot tea rooms to refuel before a pleasant bimble back to the start along the River Swale.

We will be pre ordering lunch before the event so would appreciate your cooperation when signing up, menu will be posted up later. Thanks.

Well a 105 mile drive and I'll be there, so very early start. Think it's definitely car share.
and it my 'local' :D

I hear good things though. New area to me for riding.

FluffyChicken":bnopay94 said:
Well a 105 mile drive and I'll be there, so very early start. Think it's definitely car share.
and it my 'local' :D

I hear good things though. New area to me for riding.

I've ridden this area once, and the inclusion of Gunnerside Gill alone makes it probably the best route I will do all year. It's my favourite downhill ever.

I will be doing my best to get to this!

I'm ready for this. I will find a trusty steed to do this because I have a funny feeling it will be like the peaks with plenty of hills.

Thanks andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back