Retrobike National Series Rd 3: Surrey Hills ~ Aftermath

A big thanks to everyone involved in putting the ride together, brilliant day again! Very hot, and some cracking trails. Given the amount of riders out there today a special thanks to Woodsman who managed to make it feel like we had the place to ourselves most of the time.
My ride was much better second half after managing to get a loose headset tightened up! :?

Finally arrived home at 11pm in Yorkshireland after a 4.5hr drive back. I ache all over - chest is bruised, forearms are wrecked after that bad crash 100ft from the car park at the end. I was very worried when it happened as u was in loads of pain but it turned out ok.

Really enjoyed the route, cos I'm better uphill the short sharp ones were ok and the singletrack was very good indeed.

Thanks very much for a great ride all that were involved - now I just have to find a way to lie in bed without being in agony from the lack of skin on my arms. :-/ :-D

Thanks to all involved for making another great ride. Weather was superb, and unthinkable a couple of weeks ago. Just have to remember to drink more. :)

A few pictures from the pub stop, glad to see that we know longer just take over pub gardens, we book them :)

Taking over...
IMG_1454_edited-1.jpg

pub_pano_edited-1.jpg

Racing Lunch

IMG_1441_edited-1.jpg

See y'all at Mayhem.

Great Day,
Great tracks
great people

and would have said Great food but you'll need to ask Any123 Andy what my sandwich tasted like :LOL:

What a fantastic day. Thank you to all of you who turned up for reminding me why i put myself through all of this :LOL:

Great to see the a lot of the Old Guard out as well as meeting lots of new people, sorry if I didn't manage to say hello to everyone

A few more thanks -

Woodsman for guiding again this year. Yet another superb set of trails

The lads who stepped up at the last minute to act as trail guides - grd, Uncle Monty, godders, ibeleiveinfixies, warpedboy2..not to mention the guys who got roped in mid-ride

The Boss, for providing extra goodies to bolster my prizes

and last of all, the pub..who despite a mass ordering of food and drink at the bar, some confusion over a food and general good natured ribbing of the guys and girls that served us, still came out smiling at the end and said they'd love to have us again next year - we can only hope the BurgerGate scandal remains kept amongst a select few.

Looking forward to seeing lots more photos (especially the prize giving :LOL: )

same place next year? ;)

great day

really great day, nice and social and so many good trails all in one area. great lunch stop also. thanks very much. [/img]

Attachments

• IMAG0486.gif
    IMAG0486.gif
    317.7 KB · Views: 6,659
  • IMAG0487.gif
    IMAG0487.gif
    318 KB · Views: 6,659
  • IMAG0489.gif
    IMAG0489.gif
    301.3 KB · Views: 6,659
  • IMAG0491.gif
    IMAG0491.gif
    288.4 KB · Views: 6,659
I was really enjoying that. Right up to the point when I got the "recall text" from my wife. She'd had a message from friends of ours in Oregon that their utility room had burned out after an electrical fault, turning all their cycling and outdoors kit into charred, frazzled lumps. She'd panicked and noticed "a funny sound" from our washing machine and turned it off, and asked me to get home ASAP.

Got home, turned the washing machine back on: "That's the noise" says wifey, "a strange 'clanging'". "It'll be the pound coins you didn't take out of your pocket before washing your jeans - there's one of them. See?" I replied.

On the plus side: I got to meet some lovely chaps, got 1/2 of the ride in with you, and rode down Telegraph Road on the way back to the cars. There wasn't an electrical fault, our house/part of our house didn't burn down. And I got all the chores done that I'd put off "'Cos I have to go and ride silly old bikes with the chaps, love."

What can i say that has not already been noted.

Great Day
Great Trails
The usual Great suspects, and no mecanicals.

I would say great food but the bar lady conned me with all her big words. I think all knew how i felt about my food Lol.

Look forward to the next round.

Thanks Andy

Back