north west mtb races

A little detail on the Chrolton event would be really great..... Miles per lap? How many laps?

Can these be entered singularly, or are they only open as a series?
If its not looking too scary for a slightly out of shape rider, I might be tempted as its only 2 minutes from me

G

unkleGsif":1d20ug5c said:
A little detail on the Chrolton event would be really great..... Miles per lap? How many laps?

Can these be entered singularly, or are they only open as a series?
If its not looking too scary for a slightly out of shape rider, I might be tempted as its only 2 minutes from me

G

How do you know there's a Chorlton event?
Am I missing a link to the rest of the series or something?! I can only see the Bolton one and then the rest are not decided yet?

Ah, the website has changed

Earlier it showed 2 events in Bolton, and 1 in chorlton water park

G

Not scary at all - as a fat and slow 'competitor' I found the format brilliant - about 4-5 shortish laps taking about an hour, very much like a 'cross race. Friendly like a 'cross race too, really nice atmosphere and lovely folks running it :cool:

There were races at Cholton Water Park, Boggarts Hole Clough and the park by Sport City the name of which escapes my memory last year.

Do you need to be a paid up BCF member to enter these?
Ive never entered a race before, and am a member of nothing

G

unkleGsif":32jbsg8m said:
Do you need to be a paid up BCF member to enter these?
Ive never entered a race before, and am a member of nothing

G

Don't think so, usually you just pay an extra quid or two for the insurance. Sure it'll say on the website or ask on the fb page:

Back