OWMTBC - R.I.P. ?

skolioza

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey

anybody knows what's up with OWMTBC event?
Nothing to see about it here, nothing in official webside....

Hope last year's American - canceled - edition will not kills whole idea of international meetings in different countries and championships will not rusting in peace as some old bikes! ;)

Crew - do You find any possibilities to organisation 2012 and future editions?

Cheers, Marcin

i'd love it if something else could be organised. both events were fantastic and i was gutted when fairfax was cancelled due to low numbers (for the record i was one of the few who said they could go)

i'd love to do something in france/poland/germany

although i have no real experience of organising an event like this i'd be happy to help if i could as i know the events were hard work for Ed, Mel and Mr K.

:)

Only just picked up on this thread. Great to hear of the interest, hopefully the stall in 2011 (I blame David Cameron, or is it Gordon Brown, I forget) was just that, a temporary hiatus.

That said, nothing planned for 2012 at present but that's not to say that nothing will happen again, in this or any other year. If/when it does those that have supported OWMTBC so far will be the first to know.

Jon Bon Jovi was very perceptive when he crooned Keep the Faith (although he also muttered 'Lay Your Hands On Me' which can result in a custodial sentence where I'm from), apply it to OWMTBC and hopefully the sentiment won't be too far wrong.

Givin' love a bad name

Ed

Hello Marcin !
Since last years and the USA project, no news…
But last year, Neil came visit me in France for my annual retrobike meeting in Briatexte. I ask to him the project of the 25th anniversary of the first worldchampionship in France.
It's not OWMTBC, but it's quite in the same philosophy. I remember that Neil wanted other country or other man to continue OWMTBC or international retrobike event. This year, it's in France…
Perhaps in Germany next year ?

:LOL:

PS : my event, the 1st of july, if it's too late for the 25 annniversary

Back