HoNC 2012 Aftermath

Another great HoNC again, the weather was kind and trails were great, the Gulf Kona was a dream to ride, I absolutely loved it but think I might feel the pain later :roll:

I didnt get lost just went the wrong way ! I was aiming for the 50k but missed the split and took the 100k without realizing , I thought that the food stop was a long way and when I got there I checked my gps and had notched up 35 miles or 50k already ...... FFS :LOL: I then bumped into the Retrobike pro team who were taking on fuel (the stodgeist bread pudding) I took the 50k route back though and met a cold bedraggled Fest laughing at me at the finish line.

The route as I mentioned was great one bit in particular on the 100k route was the fast grass through the winding valley with sunshine and blue sky's ....... Worth the mistake !

So was a great day and was good ot meet faces of new and see the usual crew :D Finally a BIG thanks to Mrs DAJ for the home baked chocolate covered flapjack.... Delicious and hit the spot perfectly

See you at the next one

Cheers

James :cool:

Top day out, good to see a heathly Retro turn out :D amognst the crowds
I wasnt feeling a 100% this weekend and this really helped to sort me out ! ,Highlights for me included missing a head-on collision with a oncoming car by a few inches whilst avoiding going into the back of Mr Edwards when he was breaking :twisted: the route was good, opted for the 50K with the single speed which I did in 3hrs 35 mins (riding time) so quite happy with that.Lots of love for the bike from the modern guys (enjoyed hammering them all on the climbs )which was cool and a big thanks to Adrian for the tea and burger at the end -much appreciated.

Great day and weather was perfect

Another fantastic honc , I think I claimed the first mechanical of 1300 riders!! whooo hooooo :LOL: we seemed to make good progress to the cake stop but after that suffered lots of punctures within the group and carried on regardless causing mayhem and admiration from modern riders on our way. Top day :cool:

Have to say I feel shattered !!! :cool:

Nice ride. Surprisingly dry.

Good to catch up with the few of you that I managed to speak to and its always fun teaching 'the moderns' a thing or two :)

honc

Great route, great scenery, great big hills and some lovely old bikes. Nice to hear the appreciation from modern riders. Did 100k on the fat in 5hrs 2mins, top 20 we think. Struggling to stay comfortable/mobile and awake now!

Great fun day out.

Ride started well, then after 100 yards Daj had his mechanical :roll: while he struggled with his chain we watched the rest of the 1300 riders go past and settled with being at the back!

Other memories:

Daj's 'loose feeling front end' turning out to be that he hadn't done his QR up for the first 10 miles!

Daryl and I suffering synchronised rear wheel punctures.... must have taken on too much cake!

Grinding to a halt on the first climb with the spectacularly loud clanking mechanical sound of Suntour gears having a complete spaz.

Over taking theredchilli (twice) ;)

Sunny Cotswolds riding at its best :D

Some pics (yes we had loads of time to take them!)

The Xizang:

dscn0692g.jpg

The 'BOLLOX:

dscn0693a.jpg

The punctures (hadn't realised mine was flat too at this stage):

dscn0694b.jpg

dscn0695u.jpg

Daj:

dscn0696x.jpg

dscn0697fr.jpg

Me:

dscn0699h.jpg

Daryl:

dscn0700q.jpg

Twister:

dscn0701h.jpg

Re: honc

bert g":1021yqng said:
Great route, great scenery, great big hills and some lovely old bikes. Nice to hear the appreciation from modern riders. Did 100k on the fat in 5hrs 2mins, top 20 we think. Struggling to stay comfortable/mobile and awake now!

Aqua with blue sids? you gave me a "nice bike" as you went flying past!! :LOL:

Back