Good to know guess finally completed the 100km. Anyone know about Mark S.
I've spoken to Mark and he got in a bit before Gus.
Feeling pretty relaxed after the traditional family Sunday meal (a nice piece of ham with a very complimentary Merlot in case anyone is interested) so time to reflect on a grand day out. A few thoughts:
- a great Retrobike showing again, lovely bikes but the sweetest has to go to Dave's awesomely reliable Roberts.
- turning up in plenty of time and still faffing enough to almost miss the start.
- differential pressure in Conti 1.5s; 90 psi rear, 85 psi front. Pounded is the word I'd chose.
- walking past 'riders' on the first climb.
- mistakenly trying to mix it with geared riders on the road.
- even more mistakenly trying to mix it with The Guvnor, Fast James and Gump. Fast James generously held open the gates although to be fair I've always abhorred the feel of rough wood on my skin.
- the look in Gus' eyes at the food stop; "the horror, the horror".
- Gus being more concerned with dernier
- oneeyedjim and the courier bag. Again. Whatever happened to the jungle shorts?
- James and the sweet ss Yo.
- the descent off Cleeve Hill gets no better year on year.
- the climb to Cleeve Hill gets no better year on year.
- each year I think "I must get fit for HONC". Each year I find that I'm neither as fit as I want to be nor as fit as I need to be.
- sweet, sweet beer.