Bristol Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
If you are in the area, or can get to the show tomorrow, then you must go.

I will post a few pictures later, once my son has downloaded them, but it was very busy, with waaayyy too much eye candy to take in.

Highlights were talking to Chas Roberts and looking at the current DB.... NICE. Also talking to Brian Rourke about custom built frames, and looking at both the road and offroad bikes. My son now has the bug to get himself a Rourke custom road frame :twisted:

Lots of titanium, my favourite being from qoroz, who are based in Gloucester. They had a 29er which was so 1990's I had to check the wheel size. They also has a cyclocross bike...with dirty tyres. Nice to see real bikes.

Had a look at Ted James stems; very small, very neat and very heavy. Still fancy one for my DB rebuild though.

Really just way too much cool stuff, and if I had the time I would go back tomorrow (on my own) and have a second look.

One funny incident. I took my DB frame to show Chas. Security and organisers pounced on me, unsurprisingly. Once I explained, all was well. I had hoped to leave the frame with Chas, but alas, he had nowhere to store it, so I carried it all round the show and then when it was time to leave I ran into trouble. "Can't let you leave with that I'm afraid sir" said the security guard. 'Oh sh... thought I. After a few minutes discussion, the guard remembered me coming in and talking with the organiser, and so I was free to leave :roll: Great the the security was working well, but it was a bit hairy for me.

He only took two pictures of the DB :evil:

Frame. Note the graphics.
DSC_0052.jpg

Drop outs
DSC_0053.jpg

bespoked!

I was there today briefly too...v.nice experience, am goign back tomorrow for a more detailed look around. Thanks for sharing your story abut taking in your frameset!...I was thinking of doing the same to show Enigma to discuss the possibility of a repair...think I shall save myself the bother and leave it at home :D

I would definitely leave the frame at home.

I think it was a good security issue, and very wise. If I had used half a brain cell I probably would have worked it out for myself, but...

I would love to go back tomorrow, as I really didn't see everything I wanted to. That's the trouble with attending with an impatient 24 year old roadie...luv him. But I'm busy all day. Ah well, there's always next year.

EDIT: Just found another DB picture.

DSC_0043.jpg

I was there this am with my kids, was indeed a great show with some frames to die for :cool: the Gulf coloured fillet brazed of Ted James Design was just sublime and also the Demon Frame works were very cool.

The first of your pics has Jonnyboy666 in the background ( Orange bikes purple t shirt) he gets bloody everywhere :LOL:

Well worth a visit for some very unique bicycle boutique

d13a7c48.jpg

b13ecfef.jpg

33a0e545.jpg

GM, sorry I missed you, I was also there this morning. I was the 6 foot bloke with a green / white Roberts DB over my shoulder :oops:

I really wanted to speak with Ted, but he was mega busy every time I went by his stand. I wanted to ask him about his stems, and that frame.

Here are a couple of pictures of the prize winning Wilkinson, painted by our own Woodsman.

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

here's a couple from me, sorry i missed you Neil, i did see you with the old DB, should have figured you were a retrobiker! :oops:

i saw grannygrinder, gil m and gravymonster, plus a few other bike trade people that i know.

love the royce stuff, obviously the demon stuff, loved that weird single side fork with a linkage design, and the pegoretti paint job, had to look at it for a while to decide whether i liked it! :LOL: it's like brand new patina! :D

had fun on the bandit aswel, 170 miles in one day took a toll of my bum though! not to mention the straight A road section coming towards Bath when i thought i was going fast (silly fast!) and then a Hayabusa went past me like i was stood still :LOL: i actually started laughing in my helmet! reckon he was up at about 140-150!

Attachments

• blasting the bandit!.jpg
    blasting the bandit!.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 3,290
  • pegoretti paint.jpg
    pegoretti paint.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 3,290
  • weird forks.jpg
    weird forks.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 3,290
  • royce quick release skewers.jpg
    royce quick release skewers.jpg