Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:01 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Oh please, am I really hearing a mass debate over the fact that you may have to spend a further £30 in fuel to get to all the meets. You wanna try running the intruder at a £1 per mile.

How about this solution to your problem. In stead of spending £20 at the services on the way for breakfast and some sort of rabbit food just make your own sandwich and also I don't think it's the fuel that is the factor I think it's the journey time, as someone said 6 hours for an 18 mile ride ain't good.

I have this sorted now, take for instance long mynd I will be there on the Friday and will leave on the Monday. By doing this I have a long weekend of riding and chilling and eating the food that I have cooked.

Morale of the story is buy one of these

Thanks andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Russell wrote:
Was talking to my boss today about a friend of his who's got a Rover SD1 with a Spitfire engine. Gets about 17 to the gallon on the motorway. Cruises at 600rpm though.

..... you should try fitting one of those to a series Land Rover, 15 mpg tops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:15 am 
Retro Guru

any123 wrote:
Oh please, am I really hearing a mass debate over the fact that you may have to spend a further £30 in fuel to get to all the meets. You wanna try running the intruder at a £1 per mile.

How about this solution to your problem. In stead of spending £20 at the services on the way for breakfast and some sort of rabbit food just make your own sandwich and also I don't think it's the fuel that is the factor I think it's the journey time, as someone said 6 hours for an 18 mile ride ain't good.

I have this sorted now, take for instance long mynd I will be there on the Friday and will leave on the Monday. By doing this I have a long weekend of riding and chilling and eating the food that I have cooked.

Thanks andy

Was going to buy one of these but could not afford a house with a large enough driveway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Location: He doesn't live in "The You-Kay"; he lives in GREAT BRITAIN!
any123 wrote:

Thanks andy

I think most people on Retrobike have too much taste to buy one of those...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Rich Aitch wrote:
any123 wrote:

Thanks andy

I think most people on Retrobike have too much taste to buy one of those...

Then buy a retro one

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:47 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

Now even more pertinent - if I had a 'bleedin car to put 'bleedin fuel in, in the 'bleedin first 'bleedin place, I'd be a whole lot happier...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

legrandefromage wrote:
Now even more pertinent - if I had a 'bleedin car to put 'bleedin fuel in, in the 'bleedin first 'bleedin place, I'd be a whole lot happier...

That dont sound good