Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike National Event Series 2012
With support from Bikefood

The Anglian and Lincolnshire Group is proud to present...
Round 2: The Thetford Classic

:: Date: Saturday 24th of March 2012
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Brandon Country Park Visitor Centre, Bury Road, Brandon, Suffolk, IP27 0SU Map here.
:: Terrain: Lots of singletrack, more singletrack, a few bomb holes and sweet fire road climbs.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

img_8793_edited_1_534.jpg

:: Routes: Morning ride (approx 11 miles) will be round the natural singletrack of Brandon Country Park. Afternoon ride (approx 12 miles) will be over the road at High Lodge taking in the Red Route.

:: Directions: Brandon Country Park Visitor Centre is situated on the B1106. from the A11 this is the Elveden Cross Road, signposted for Brandon & Centre Parks. traveling from the A11 towards Brandon the Brandon Country Park Visitor Centre is on the left. Parking is Pay & Display, £2.50 all day. Please use the Orchard car park behind the care home.

:: If anyone is staying over we can offer also a Sunday ride which will take in the Black Route plus some off-piste riding. Please state if you are staying over for the Sunday ride.

:: There is a Travel Lodge at Barton Mills (10 miles away) or a Travel Inn in Thetford (2 miles away). Other accomodation is available locally.

one_or_two_attended_111.jpg

Last year 47 people turned out for some great riding around the trails of Thetford.

Planning on being on this ride too

Note: other riders may need ear plugs if you're within 400yds of me when I'm riding/falling off ;)

Oui.

I'll be on something fast for this, Thetford isnt as ploddy as the hilly stuff. Its flat with gradients. So expect something with drops, maybe, possibly...

I think we did 20 miles first ride, then 25 the next one time, at band camp.

If you've not been before, theres lots of exposed tree roots which can be darn annoying with the wrong tyres.

Also, in my own personal experience, there can be the odd angry modern rider, the sort that comes in shouting, rides ferociously for 20 minutes, shouts a bit more and goes home. I only seem to see these at Thetford, rarely at other rides. Cannock only attracts quizzical bemused looks at my cantis from the modern riders .

It's just too far for me to come unfortunately - 8hr round trip :-( . I need to be back home on the Sunday. Looks ace too.
Cost of diesel and accommodation is a major factor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back