Highlights for me:
- staying in a lovely B+B the night before so I was fresh for the ride
- the fab beer and banter in the pub the night before
- meeting Daj by chance on the lake road the night before
- the fantastic start point - can't get much better than that location
- scenery, well, amazing!
- that big hole in the ground with no fence round it - blimey it was huuuuuuge!
- the ace route - before lunch we seemed to gain height relatively easily in short bursts that I could cope with
- not being at the back due to losing weight and training
- the lunch stop, everything you want really
- that last downhill - eventually finding some air time - woohoo! errr sorry I couldn't stop at the bottom.....
- BigEck, just a legend, a true legend..
- meeting the MacRetro guys for the first time, a great bunch of guys
Downsides (but still good memories)
- no brakes!
- noisy brakes! (sorry guys)
- 3rd retro bike for me and the 3rd that won't shift into the granny ring. grrrrr!
- that uphill from the lunch stop, that just kept on giving, didn't it? If it had been smoother it would have been real fun, but I suppose you gotta give the 6" travel boys something to make the bike worthwhile.
- feeling a bit rough after lunch
- hardly selling any gear at the end - everyone was skint!
I will be back next year, for sure, really hope to see everyone again and I hope I can remeber some names this time...