Here are the rest of my photos at last:
Pick a route, any route... Or follow JV.
LGF; Overbury happy to keep his jeans clean.
MrLee playing in the bombholes on his Smokestone.
Rich Aitch proving that 200GS is awesome.
Retrobikers aimlessly meander close to the precipitous drop into Hodge Close.
Captain Cosmic on a Rocky Mountain Blizzard and ZigZag on a Mountain Cycle Moho CXS.
Big eck on the Raleigh Massif
The Wizard of Oz with his shiny, shiny helmet and a Dyna Tech Torus.
rc200ti rides his DeKerf Generation followed by Bolly on Kona Lava Dome.
Marc Two Tone with his Trek 830 trail-slayer.
Rob Atkin enjoys the rocky mountain experience on a Rocky Mountain Experience.
Rich Aitch on his Marin Bear Valley with Videojetman on his Pace RC100 behind.
Neily pulls another wheelie. MrKawanearlylostcontrol puts his Ibis Alibi to the test.
Bhill22 smoothly does it on a GT LTS.
Unclejack on a lovely Rock Lobster.
The Humber contingent. FluffyChicken on his Explosif cowers away from another foul mouthed tirade from Andy 'Potty Mouth' B on a Clockwork.
Daj loves rocks. He also rides a lovely Roberts.
1993 Univega Alpina: Gratuitous own bike shot on the sweet fire road climbs.
Post ride hagglefest.
Highlights for me included:
- Meeting and introducing several more people to the joys of Retrobike rides.
- The reasonably good weather. The best we could have wished for the Lakes in February.
- The trails riding nicely. Even the slate wasn't too slippery.
- Meeting Duncan MacDonald of Pace Cycles out on a ride at Hodge Close.
- Big grins at the bottom of the decents
- The hollow looks of resentment after another climb that wasn't supposed to be there.
- Daj's racing line.
- any123's Klein Fauxdriottitude and his whinging about the rocks.
- The 'smooth but bumpy' descent.
- 'Did you build these wheels yourself John...?'
- Squeezing fish juice from inner tubes
- Hip flask of Sloe Gin.
- The warmth inside the Grizedale visitor centre.
- The switchback climb after dinner. I loved it.
- Final descent. It just kept on giving.
- The smell of rim brakes.
- The official scenic shortcut back to the start point by the lake shore versus the unofficial long way round on the road.
- Retrobike socks.
Thanks again to everyone for making it a great day.