Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ Aftermath

HarryCrumb

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just in, 1hour 20 return journey to Preston, stick your thoughts on here, report from Paul coming soon

now bath, then food, bike clean can wait til tomorrow

I 'll stick my pics up tomorrow.

Hope you had fun, Martin.

All good.
Excellent route and thanks to those who put the time and thought into organising it.
+ those who kindly held gates open too.

Cheers :D

Another cracking ride. More thoughts tomorrow after food and shower.

Top ride and route. Ta muchly to organisers, gate holder openers, and all those riding.

Pictures once I'm home...

crackin ride today. good to meet some of the members on the forum.
the pace got through pretty unscathed, just a bent big chainring, will try to straighten it on monday.
thanks for the ride leaders & gate holders. looking forward to getting out again soon.

Thanks organisers - classic ride and nice company. Bikefood and bottle was an unexpected bonus!

So sorry we had to scoot on ahead at Grizedale - had get home before 5 to rescue old folks from babysitting lively kids. Hope you enjoyed the Lawson Park descent as much as we did.

Great to see such a nice selection of e-stays to compare against my forgery. Can't believe one little ride had 2 homebuild frames and another guy with one under construction - resourceful bunch these retrofolk.

Mick & Alison

Thanks to the organisers for today that was my first retro ride and i had a great time. Thought the route was top and the last downhill was a perfect end. Thanks also to all the guys for the warm welcome was nice to meet you all and i am already looking forward to the next one

One of the most enjoyable rides i've attended. Really great root (esprcially the last descent) and as always great people. More to follow for sure.

Back home, cup of coffee and then figure out what just happened.

Great ride in a part of the country I've always wanted to ride again and grizdale flowed nicely into the ride.

Now to figure out if I'll be able to stand in the morning to go for a short local ride.

Great route, managed to keep up this time which was very rewarding. Also my bike didn't try to kill me as it usually does. ;-)

We found a big hole.

0cda9259.jpg

Some people weren't as impressed with the hole. Or the rocks. Or the uphills. ;-) (nice to see you again Andy)

8fdd718a.jpg

There were some tasty bikes having their paint ruined and NOSness unNOSed. ;-)

4ff6c260.jpg

The uphills weren't that bad really.

85a3bc7a.jpg

Some people came and rode in a gentlemanly fashion.

3a16c164.jpg

There was lots of smiles.

5a9a5272.jpg

Even people with silly narrow handlebars managed the woodwork.

6ae97619.jpg

Lunch was eaten. (peppermint thing was awesome)

5611050f.jpg

And then Rob forgot to take any more photos. Doh!

The last downhill was spectacular - worth all the frustrating rocky switchbacks on the climb to get to it.

Prizes were given and no-one was injured.

My favourite ride so far!!

Back