Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:19 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 2705
Location: nuneaton warks
John wrote:
Should be able to make at least the start of the ride, although sadly I'll have to head off early doors due to having something else on in the afternoon.

Could someone give me an idea on the route, thinking of riding over and back. Any idea if you can cycle on the M69?


Its illegal to cycle on motorways,your probably best going down the A 444 if you are that crazy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:04 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23175
Location: Retrobike HQ
I am of course kidding. I'd probably go round the Cov ring road and along the M6 for a junction, M69 a bit out the way.

Not actually too sure which way I'd ride over where I to do so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 pm 
South East AEC
South East AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:39 pm
Posts: 3882
Sorry to say, I'm out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:17 pm 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:43 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Macclesfield Forest
As long as you ride on the hard shoulder of the opposite carriageway, ie facing into traffic, then I'm sure you'll be fine JV.
Probably best ride to it at night wearing all black so nobody spots you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:45 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 7199
Location: Omnipresent
drystonepaul wrote:
As long as you ride on the hard shoulder of the opposite carriageway, ie facing into traffic, then I'm sure you'll be fine JV.
Probably best ride to it at night wearing all black so nobody spots you.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:28 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
John wrote:
I am of course kidding. I'd probably go round the Cov ring road and along the M6 for a junction, M69 a bit out the way.

Not actually too sure which way I'd ride over where I to do so.


Looking at my route for me John its mapping me through Leamington, If you wanted a lift there give us a shout 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:11 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:20 pm
Posts: 1087
Location: Chained to the mash tun.
HarryCrumb wrote:
I'll be riding the 1989 Raleigh Elix, and will be bringing the T4 camper will there be somewhere to park up for the night?

Image


You are more than welcome to stay over, just pull up on the car park and we'll sort you out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:20 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:20 pm
Posts: 1087
Location: Chained to the mash tun.
John wrote:
Should be able to make at least the start of the ride, although sadly I'll have to head off early doors due to having something else on in the afternoon.

Could someone give me an idea on the route, thinking of riding over and back. Any idea if you can cycle on the M69?


First half is Ridge lane, Ansley, Old Arley, Shawbury, Maxstoke, Corley and Corley Moor, past Corley Services, Astley, Ansley, Galley Common, Hartshill and back up past Ridge Line with maybe a pause for beer?

I know a nice routr from the brewery through lane up to Meriden, Berkswell, Warwick etc....drop me a pm.

Karl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:30 pm 
North West Deputy AEC
North West Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:10 pm
Posts: 1459
Location: Lancashire
grumpycommuter wrote:

You are more than welcome to stay over, just pull up on the car park and we'll sort you out.


cheers :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:05 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:20 pm
Posts: 1087
Location: Chained to the mash tun.
HarryCrumb wrote:
grumpycommuter wrote:

You are more than welcome to stay over, just pull up on the car park and we'll sort you out.


cheers :wink:


no probs.

It just occurred to me to mention that if anyone coming is of a 'metrosexual' nature, we have a shower in the brewery which can be used if required. I would hate to be responsible for anyone suffering from the seven signs of ageing....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group