Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 pm 
North West Deputy AEC
North West Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:10 pm
Posts: 1459
Location: Lancashire
I'm in of course, Questions is do I have to ride the bike from the picture on page 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 pm 
East Midlands Deputy AEC
East Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 2028
Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Count me in please. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:11 pm
Posts: 8700
Location: DUNDEE
interested, would like to come but pending a reality check at home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:35 am 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:27 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Carlisle
i'm coming plus 1 more
this will be my first time out on a rb ride and i'm looking forward to it :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 am 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Lake district in Feb. We're gonna get so wet. :-/ :-D

Does it get muddy round this route or is it more likely going to be rocky and wet instead like the Peaks? I don't think I can't bear to put mudguards on the Rocky on its first ride but if it's going to be biblical amounts of water and mud

I just want to make the ride comfortable. Well as comfortable as a large tube alloy rigid trials bike can be. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:24 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
The Ken wrote:
pending a reality check at home.


I'd steer well clear of that! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:01 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
Rob Atkin wrote:
Lake district in Feb. We're gonna get so wet. :-/ :-D

Does it get muddy round this route or is it more likely going to be rocky and wet instead like the Peaks? I don't think I can't bear to put mudguards on the Rocky on its first ride but if it's going to be biblical amounts of water and mud

I just want to make the ride comfortable. Well as comfortable as a large tube alloy rigid trials bike can be. :roll:


MAN UP FFS!!

It's just mud and water. It's good for the soul.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 am 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:43 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Macclesfield Forest
You'll be fine Rob. There isn't much mud at all, as it's mostly well draining slate.

You might get a bit wet if it rains, or if you fall into Coniston Water..


Last edited by drystonepaul on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:28 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
Dr S wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
Lake district in Feb. We're gonna get so wet. :-/ :-D

Does it get muddy round this route or is it more likely going to be rocky and wet instead like the Peaks? I don't think I can't bear to put mudguards on the Rocky on its first ride but if it's going to be biblical amounts of water and mud

I just want to make the ride comfortable. Well as comfortable as a large tube alloy rigid trials bike can be. :roll:


MAN UP FFS!!

It's just mud and water. It's good for the soul.


Normally I'd agree, but I'm loving the Crud Guard(s) at the moment! And it's okay 'cuz they're period correct...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 am 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
drystonepaul wrote:
You'll be fine Rob. There isn't much mud at all, as it's mostly well draining slate.

You might get a bit wet if it rains, or if you fall into Coniston Water...


If I fall into Coniston water I will drown as I can't swim. Hopefully that won't be a possibility.... :-D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group