Travels on the Bike

yo-eddy

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi to you all,
Just was triggered a bit by ededwards' "wanted" ad in wich he reffered to the Karakoram Highway. Was just wandering what other trips were made by fellow retrobikers, a few of mine to start with (..all in the good old days ;) ).

Norway (to north cape) in 1995
Central Asia (Tashkent to Islamabad) 1996
Iceland 1997
Northern India 1998
Turkey and Iran 1999
Chili and Bolivia 2000

a few pics to get exited

Attachments

• Centr. Azie 96 - 187.jpg
    Centr. Azie 96 - 187.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,937
  • Centr. Azie 96 - 189.jpg
    Centr. Azie 96 - 189.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,937
  • Favorites - 36.jpg
    Favorites - 36.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,937
  • Favorites - 49.jpg
    Favorites - 49.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,937
and more..

Attachments

• Favorites - 73.jpg
    Favorites - 73.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,936
  • ICELAND - 027.jpg
    ICELAND - 027.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,936
  • India 1+2 - 012.jpg
    India 1+2 - 012.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,936
  • India 1+2 - 023.jpg
    India 1+2 - 023.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,936
Holy crap, am i starting to get jaleous........ :D

i have to do it with a Denmarktrip 15 years ago........

One of my great regrets is that I didn't do more touring with my bike. I cycled a lot and although I travelled well, I never strapped on some panniers and went out into the world on my bike. I don't suppose I ever will now, and I'm very jealous of people like you that took the opportunity when you had (or will have ) it.

Went to cycle from Boston to Philadelphia, via new england went for a month took 2 years to go home. Then went to New Zealand for 10 months.

Just short trips in Europe - Pyrenees, Alps etc...

roadkillrw0.jpg

Fantastic photos and brings it flooding back...

I was working in Pakistan when I went up the KKH so didn't really need panniers as I just stopped at places I knew . It was a little lonely solo when
I didn't see anyone for a while and couldn't really see where the road was going but I do remember turning a corner to see Rakaposhi straight ahead, perfectly mountain shaped (if you know what I mean) against a perfectly blue sky, sun glinting off the snow. Had to stop for a Coke at the bottom.

Sadly all my photos were lost in our rapid exit - they weren't really exciting, just the Stumpjumper leaning againts a rock with an awe inspiring view in the background. It's strange that it almost seems as if it happened to someone else.......

Just looked at those pictures then looked out my window & thought work tomorrow :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

im only 24 so once my det is clear 8months or so from now im gonna save for a new bike and a tour of some sort into the unknow there will have to be weekly updates for the site but plan on a biggy trip maybe a full trip of euroupe or india who knows :cool: :cool: where ever the bike takes me :LOL: :cool: :LOL:

Back