*Notts Forest FC to Derby County FC Charity Bike Ride*

Ryan_W

Retro Newbie
Evening all,

Myself and my family are holding a charity bike ride on Sunday 11th Dec 2011 to raise money for the James Barney Foundation.

Bit of info on the Foundation:

The James Barney Foundation is a Christian relief and development organisation that was established in the memory of James Barney (my better halfs little brother) after a tragic accident in February 2008.

The aim of the charity is to raise money for needed causes that unlike other charities, do not have much publicity and aren’t as well know in society. The family of James Barney along with your help hope to bring awareness and support to these less established charities, that really need help that can and will make a difference. We work locally, nationally and internationally so that in James’ memory; "Where hope grows, miracles blossom".

The bike ride:

Start: Nottingham Forest Football Club - The City Ground

Finish: Derby County Football Club - Pride Park

The ride itself is just over 20 miles, so really not that challenging.

That said, we’re trying to gather as many people as possible for the bike ride to raise awareness of the charity, who it benefits, and since the event is going to be published in the Nottingham Evening Post.

Those of you who don’t feel up to the ride, your help and support would still be greatly appreciated!

We’ve been running around with sponsorship forms for the past couple of months, however, you can also donate via the following website: http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/2011bikeride

Or you can also text the word "HOPE" to 70777

Texts cost £5.00 plus your standard network rate. At least 95% will go to The James Barney Foundation, charity number: 1138470

If anyone knows of any local cycling clubs that would be interested in taking part, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Ryan :)

I'd be more than happy to do the ride as it looks a lot easier than the two I did recently for the BHF, however I'm still unclear even after visiting the website as to where/which charity the money is actually going to?

PS Is it just straight down the Nottingham 5 - 2 Derby ;)

Ahh ok I see charity minisites.

Also there are lots of clubs in this area, I'm not a member of any but there are that I know of

Sherwood Moutainbike
Long Eaton something
Sid Standards bike shop in Beeston used to have a decent following too

Plus many more i guess if you google

Definitely come along. I'll send some invites out to the clubs you listed to see if they're interested in coming along too.

Cheers,

Ryan

Morning all!

Generic spam: At 11:00am today I'll be jumping on a pushbike to cycle from Nottingham to Derby in aid of the Christian relief charity, The James Barney Foundation. Please dig deep and sponsor me, even if it's just a quid!!! You can do it online here: http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/2011bikeride Thank you all, Merry Christmas and God bless. x

For anyone that's interested, we'll be meeting at Nottingham's NFFC 'The City Ground' at around 10:30 to set-off at 11:00. Refreshments will be provided.

Cheers,

Ryan :)

Back