Real Ale Wobble 2011 Aftermath

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I will start the thread but need to gather my thoughts before inputting!!

Really was superb!! :cool:

indeed - but too tired to think of anything at present!! And I didn't take one photo :roll:

orange71":2x3eebvx said:
indeed - but too tired to think of anything at present!! And I didn't take one photo :roll:

I have found a photo!! Cannot quite explain it though ha,ha :LOL:

From left to right

jonnyboy666 , mrs daj , daj , orange71 & Adam

photo12.jpg

that was about Claire slapping Ed for buying flapjack when she had made some for us!! :LOL:

very nice it was too! :D

just gonna sort a few pics out then i'll give my report :D

so my weekend went like this! :D

i picked up Adam (aka pure7-89 on here but rare poster) at 10am on friday, the plan was to ride at Afan forest on the way, we hit Whytes level and knocked it out pretty quickly as we had fresh legs on the first day!! it was riding really well with plenty of grip and being a friday afternoon we had the trail mostly to ourselves! :D after the ride we hit the munchies in the now re-named Skyline cafe (formerly the drop off cafe) and were served curry by a seriously hot girl! nice eye candy after a bike ride!! :D

then came the drive to Llanwrytd wells, we got to the accomodation, victoria wells log cabins, and were told dinner is in 5 minutes!! we didn't know we were getting dinner hence eating a curry at the skyline!! :LOL: didn't stop us having dinner agin though!! :cool: also at this point we met up with mr and mrs daj (thanks for sorting the cabin booking by the way!) we heaed off to the pub to sign on for the event, by which time we had heard that Leo Swayer (aka grannygrinder ;) ) had succumbed to the Ale, and left full of beer and could take no more!! PUFF!!! :LOL:

we then bumped in to Ed (orange71) and his mate Geoff (he is a member here but a very rare poster as Mr rigid i believe) who is a total character! we headed for the stonecroft arms beer marquee to sample more ale and a nice chilled out night of ale drinking continued!

then came the Wobble! :D

we were a little late starting off the ride due to being just a little lapse in moving in the morning! eventually me, adam, and daj met up with Ed and geoff and geoff's friend james and started the course. the usual happened, we rolled along until the first hill where we waited for a gap on the first downhill so we could hit it full on without being stitched up by novice downhillers spoiling the fun, i launched into the first river crossing shouting "come on you pansies!!!" to the 3 people mincing about going through it! don't think they were impressed though!!!

there were some major ups and downs after this, i think Ed said we climbed 3500ft in a total of 17 miles :cool: :cool: aswel as consuming a pint of Ale!! :LOL: not to mention a dip in the river to clean the bikes abit to avoid a jetwash queue!

after we got back we met up again with Mrs daj who had sorted a table at the pub but they wouldn't do food as they had just closed the kitchen so me and adam headed back to the cabin to get cleaned up, then returned on the bikes to have a couple of pints, it was then we heard mike (aka grannygrinder aka Leo Swayer) had gone home! rubbish!! :LOL: we then headed back to the cabin for dinner at which point me and adam bundled Daj on his bed to wake him up at the instruction of Mrs Daj and then had dinner and went straight back to the pub to meet up with Ed and Geoff (who was farting proudly like nothing i have ever known before!! :LOL: )

the rest of the night was random bike talk, the "john lewis" story (if you don't know it when we meet i will tell you, it's to wrong for the forum!) and various other silly conversations!! not to mention the best retro shirt i have ever seen! and that guy wasn't wearing it for a bet or a joke!!! :D :D

and today on the way home me and adam hit Cwmcarn so what an awesome weekend!! :D the only thing i am dreading is opening the van tomorrow to clean the bikes!! :shock: :shock:

here's some pics in no particular order! :D

Attachments

• raw4.jpg
    raw4.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,720
  • raw3 best shirt ever.jpg
    raw3 best shirt ever.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,720
  • raw2.jpg
    raw2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,720
  • raw1.jpg
    raw1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,720
more :D

Attachments

• raw8.jpg
    raw8.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,719
  • raw7.jpg
    raw7.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,719
  • raw6.jpg
    raw6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,719
  • raw5.jpg
    raw5.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,719
for the record i would just like to say that i find it amazing that more from this site don't do this event as it's such a good laugh!! :D

Attachments

• raw10.jpg
    raw10.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,718
  • raw9.jpg
    raw9.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,718
Back