NE&Yorks Present Dalby and the RAC Rally. The rematch.

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
North East and Yorkshire Area Group proudly present

DALBY AND THE RAC 2011. THE RE-MATCH

SATURDAY 3RD DECEMBER 2011

RAC40.jpg

MEETING POINT: Hole of Horcum car park beside A170 north of Pickering.

TIME: 8:00am sharp for an 8:30 start. Fee Tea/ Coffee and bacon rolls served from 7:30am. Last order at 8:15 so get there early.

ROUTE: Moorland single and doubletrack to stage start at Rapers Farm, Gale Rigg. 90 minutes spectating then singletrack route to Levisham station for refreshments. Return to stage for second running in early afternoon, before returning to Hole of Horcum carpark at around 15:30hrs. Total distance of approx 12 miles.

PLEASE NOTE: standing around watching cars at this time of year can be cold. Bring extra layers of clothes and a warm hat as a bare minimum. Motorsport is dangerous- obey marshalls instructions at all times. Tou are present at your own risk!

Once again the fantastic RAC Historic Rally visits our area this year. Dates are Friday 2nd December to Monday 5th. We did plan a ride last year which was to be the final round of the 2010 National Ride series. Unfortunately due to extreme weather conditions only myself, Gil and Simonside resident made it. Many were left frustrated and disapointed not to make it to the event, so here's your chance to take part.

Full 2010 aftermath thread here
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=942423#942423

and a few snippets from 2009

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vi...stdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rac&start=30

Full details of this years rally can be found here

http://www.rogeralbertclarkrally.org/index.htm

This year I'm hoping that the weather is a little less artic. Plan is for a friday evening ride into Dalby for two stages starting from Thornton le Dale at 18:00hrs. Hopefully making it back in time for chips and a pint before closing time. Saturday will consist of a 6 mile ride through Pickering Forest starting at 8:30am to catch the first of two stages in Gale Rigg with a lunch break at Levisham Station between the two runs, followed by a return to our starting point- a total of around 15 miles riding.

This is a great opportunity to get in some quality winter riding and see some real oldskool cars in action. All are welcome, retro or modern. Accomodation is available in the Pickering area for those that would like to do friday and saturday.

Further details can be found in the NE&Yorks section.
Cheers

Si

Si, is there any rail access to Newton on Rawcliffe? Just considering a day-trip from Manc.

Probably not a very feasable way to do it so I'll start advertising seats in the car soon... :LOL:

You could get there by train if you were crazy enough. Transpennine service to york, York to Whitby, alight at Grosmont and take the steam train down to Levisham station and climb up the bank. Impossible to get there in time for the start though Ped.
Drop Mr Lee a PM. I think he is heading over from Mancunia

elPedro666":i7qdhx3u said:
Si, is there any rail access to Newton on Rawcliffe? Just considering a day-trip from Manc.

Probably not a very feasable way to do it so I'll start advertising seats in the car soon... :LOL:

If you come over by train Pete I'll pick you up from Whitby, may even loan you a real bike ;) :LOL:

Ps
Mrlee is cruzin over but he ant doin da bike thang, an he's travelin wid da couple o "G's" :LOL: :LOL:

kaya":153ybjek said:
If you come over by train Pete I'll pick you up from Whitby, may even loan you a real bike ;) :LOL:

The cheek! :p :LOL:

I jusy looked and the only train arrives after midday and costs over fifty quid!!! No wonder I always end up driving :roll:

Cheers for the offer though (of the lift :x ) :LOL:

Anybody else fancy a big day tripper from Mancunia/Leeds etc? Martin, Mark, Paul, Woody, t'other Paul...? New tow-hitch mounted rack to test out and there's even a stereo in this car (and more importantly no doggy smell :x)! :cool:

elPedro666":2hp17pdg said:
kaya":2hp17pdg said:

The cheek! :p :LOL:

I jusy looked and the only train arrives after midday and costs over fifty quid!!! No wonder I always end up driving :roll:

Cheers for the offer though (of the lift :x ) :LOL:

Anybody else fancy a big day tripper from Mancunia/Leeds etc? Martin, Mark, Paul, Woody, t'other Paul...? New tow-hitch mounted rack to test out and there's even a stereo in this car (and more importantly no doggy smell :x)! :cool:

if you can get to my gaff pete, jump in with us(me and slm racing) free parking for you and a cuppa(not free, 80p to you) :LOL: wether its me or stu driving we have enough space.

marc two tone":1c0s6g9w said:
if you can get to my gaff pete, jump in with us(me and slm racing) free parking for you and a cuppa(not free, 80p to you) :LOL: wether its me or stu driving we have enough space.

Sounds great! MrLee is a possibility from over this way too though, would we both fit? Reckon I could squeeze four in my car if it comes to it, but it's not diesel anymore... ;)

Waiting on news of how my mum is (not been well) before I say anything for definite though.

What an unhelpful response to a helpful suggestion! :LOL: Fingers crossed though, should be a great day out with some top riding :cool:

rematch

no probs elped. hope your ma gets better.

we will sort something out. 2 in yours. 2 in mine sort of thing. we will go with the more cost effective method on the day. two weeks to suss it out.

keep in touch. ;)

Re: rematch

marc two tone":14kx7ksk said:
no probs elped. hope your ma gets better.

we will sort something out. 2 in yours. 2 in mine sort of thing. we will go with the more cost effective method on the day. two weeks to suss it out.

keep in touch. ;)

One seat down, one bike stood inside, three on the posh new rack (if I ever get the car electrics fitted :roll: ), happy daze - will cost naff-all between us ;)

Thanks mate :)

Back