Whilst perusing the NE&Yorkshire sub forum I came across Dr. S's guide to ride grades. grade 5 being most amusing
As a rough guide i'd go for tge following
1. Flat, non technical, short ride of up to 10 miles. Do-able on any bike.
2. A few short climbs. Mildly technical trails in places but mainly open bridles. 10-15 miles duration.
3. Moderate and sometimes prolonged climbs, reasonably easy decents, some moderate technical challenges and distance around the 15-20 mile mark. Your average Retrobike Ride.
4. Longer steeper sections and faster more technical decents. Physically demanding trails with various hazzards. Demanding on both bike and rider and probably a day to leave rigid forks at home. Distance 20 miles plus.
5. The Blue Man. Shell shock. Rehab. Prolonged nightmares and behavioral changes. Thoughts of self harm and suicide commonplace. Leave the old bike at home. In fact, better leave yourself at home.
I asked my lot, The MacRetro clan what we thought our rides graded as and we had a Grade 5.
NE&Yorks had the Blue Man
MacRetro had the Sligachan Loop
What ride carried out by your area group or you individually would you grade a 5 under Dr.S's grades