Biketoberfest in Fairfax

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
An annual event in Fairfax, California, Biketoberfest combines the town's main economies, bikes and beer. In addition to bike manufacturer displays and demo opportunities, a dozen local breweries set up shop and hand out samples to those who have purchased the requisite arm band.

I have been enlisted along with Otis Guy as a ride leader, fortunately I have chosen the geriatric bunch, because riding with Otis is an exercise in...exercise. Last year Joe Breeze and I led a ride, but Joe had to go to Colorado this week. Bummer.

All the Northern California retrobikers will be there, and I have been promised a big turnout of local klunkers. The art project to create a "Repack" monument in the town will be represented.

Attendance has grown over the past few years to thousands of cyclists, effectively doubling the town's population for a few hours.

Photos to follow.

Photos

Attachments

• beer_tents.JPG
    beer_tents.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 879
  • retro_ride_krew.JPG
    retro_ride_krew.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 879
  • otis_guy.JPG
    otis_guy.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 879
  • wtb_otis_potts.JPG
    wtb_otis_potts.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 879
cool looking event, which came first, the your Biketoberfest or our Real Ale Wobble? you event looks bigger though!

love the last pic with the one noticing the camera and going for the look at me pose! :LOL:

Back