RetroBike National Ride Series 2011 - Peaks Ride Aftermath

Andy B

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Utterly epic day.

Pics and GPS log to follow from me and plenty more from others too judging by how many cameras I saw today

I will write a full post when the pics and GPS are uploaded later

Absolutely awesome day out, beats any mountain biking I've ever done.

Great to meet a load more of you lot, I'm starting to get a good idea of who's who now.

Big thanks to all the organisers, rides this good don't happen by themselves.

Learnt a new word today too, anyone guess what it was? :LOL:

top day!....thanks to all concerned.....will post my pics once i get chance and have had a shower.....i was amazed at the weather too given we were told to expect rain, divine intervention or just good old fashioned luck????.....i just hope next year we can find somewhere hilly.....errm..... :roll:

What an awesome day, huge thanks to all involved in organising it, I realise what a lot of work had gone into it.

Much more to say soon but I need food and bed right now :LOL:

I will start the ball rolling with the few pics I took.

peaks1.jpg

ABCD0004-7.jpg

ABCD0005-6.jpg

ABCD0006-6.jpg

ABCD0007-6.jpg

ABCD0008-6.jpg

ABCD0009-5.jpg

ABCD0016-7.jpg

ABCD00061.jpg

ABCD00071.jpg

ABCD00081.jpg

feetabix":1mdf7kfx said:
top day!....thanks to all concerned.....will post my pics once i get chance and have had a shower.....i was amazed at the weather too given we were told to expect rain, divine intervention or just good old fashioned luck????.....i just hope next year we can find somewhere hilly.....errm..... :roll:

Ben and I went through some torrential downpours and thunder and lightning on our drive back to Hull, we were so lucky to avoid it while we were up on the hills.

chrisv40":22r4ldp9 said:
Ben and I went through some torrential downpours and thunder and lightning on our drive back to Hull, we were so lucky to avoid it while we were up on the hills.

Yep, I went through a lot of rain on the way back to Nottingham too, we were very lucky as it started raining just as we got back to the car park.

I had a great day, I'm very glad I decided to go, but I have to admit that I found it tough, the terrain was quite unforgiving with the muddy descents (although these were kinda fun) and the rocky climbs (which were not fun).

This was my first retro bike ride, and I was pretty shy about talking to poeple at first, but everyone that I did speak to was lovely and made me feel welcome. I'll look forward to attending another retro bike ride in the future. But probably not this one again!

Damien

What a great day.

Many highlights, but the general banter and warmth of 50+ Retrobikers was really very special...... that aside... a massive thanks for the organisation, and the final descent with Longun in pursuit will be something difficult to better.

Best to all

Rob :D

Well the Tequesta had a baptism of fire today! I ride round the Peaks quite often so coming on an old bike had me worried. The saddle in the air postition made my back hurt a lot but it rode really sweetly. Especially on the downhills where it didn't beat me up too badly. The Scott Matthauser pads didn't squeak at all!!

Most importantly I was made very welcome by all, everybody was great to chat to and made time for me. Thanks to Sinnett for encouraging me up the hills and for everybody who walked up with me!! Gutted Gruff couldn't continue with his fork problem though.

Great food and chat at the pub afterwards, sorry I couldn't stay for the quiz.

You didn't believe I was so slow uphill - I did warn you!! It's the downhills I ride for. ;-) :-D

Off to bed now, I_am_ruined!!!!

Just arrived back at the palatial Retrobike HQ. Another fantastic Peaks ride, big thanks to Paul, Martin, Mark and Neil for organising. And also big thanks to the weather for being so kind to us. More to follow I'm sure :D

Back