Sussex Mini Meet - Sat 17th Nov

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Right, let's get organised.

Saturday 17th November.

Meet - 10.30am - Arundel Town Centre. Opposite Peglers the outdoor shop, in the central pedestrian area (couple of benches there for early arrivals to wait on :) )

Going to be about a 20 miler involving woodsie singletrack, fire roads, double track, a bit of South Downs Way (chalk) and a little bit of road work home.

There's a tea shop, a pub and a cafe on route so no need to pack much food.

Don't be put off if you aren't in the same shape you were ten yrs ago (aren't we all). All group rides always take longer than you thinnk they will with all the mechanicals and chats etc, it aint a race - just a nice spin.

There's parkin in the town where you can, car parks dotted around and one at the station.

Trains leave Victoria about every hour and take about 1hr 10mins.

Arundel is on the A27 between Chichester and Worthing.

Streetmap here:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... search.srf

Any q's or you need my phone number otr anything PM me.

Otherwise let's have some definate names down and start cleaning our bikes ready...

Atendees:

Me & Mrs Wu
Joe
TinTin40
The Salvage Tech
Klein Mad Chris
Anthony
The Green Rabbit
Chris2Lou
StevePSD
Gump
John
GTAndrew?

Yes, I'll do it. Sounds like the parking must have improved since the last time I was in Arundel, but that was quite a while back.

What's the tyre situation? I went twice round Bewl Water yesterday and although it wasn't all that muddy I definitely needed the Conti Survival I had on the back, and could have done with one on the front as a Vertical was a bit iffy. But around here I'm still on Explorer/Escape and finding that ok. Is it similar to Brighton SDW-type trails?

I've just rebooked a customer in for another weekend because of a 'Family commitment' ;) on sat 17th .. so count me in. My workshop is only 1 1/2 miles from Arundul so I'll ride up there. If anyone is wants some free parking they are welcome to park their cars up at my workshop. I'll hopfully have the final bits I need to finish the Bonti off by then aswell.

Not sure yet . If my modern/winter bike is ready , I might take it .

If not I ll have to ride retro . M2 S Works team . :cool:

I don't get this. If you guys don't ride your retro bikes on a RetroBike ride, when *do* you ride your retro bikes?

I'm assuming that non-retro is allowed, just to be sociable and so on, but non-retro riders buy all the drinks etc, that right?

I ride one of my retro bike monday to friday .
I ride another one most week ends

but this year i decided to get something more appropriate for the mud etc.....

Back