Roadtrip

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I can't get this idea out of my head ...

A roadtrip to Wales, over 4 or 5 days taking in Afan, Nant-yr-Arian, Coed y Brenin and Penmachno. Must be in the summer months but not too busy with good accomodation. Any one else done similar?

Isn't there another MTB centre over Carmarthen way, maybe leave out Afan & CYB, been there done them (along time ago though). Found it after a bit of research, Brechta Forest. Anyone had any experience in organising this sort of thing?

if you're doing more of the cwmcarn/afan/ brecfa s.wales trails, give me a shout as this is my neck of the woods :D theres a few more new trails been built in afan & brecfa, rowan sorrells been busy :)
hell I could even take you on some of my trails, way more natural & in places scary than the trail centres ;) (near cwmcarn)
brecon beacons & black mountains are deffo worth riding as well for the bigger mountains, longer climbs/ DHs experience :)

I'd be potentially up for this too although when will be critical.

Slightly different but did a great road tour of south and mid Wales a couple of years ago. Went essentially across the Cambrians, Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains on very quiet roads then back again, staying in youth hostels, carrying all our kit in saddle bags. Certainly got you fit by the end and would love to recreate it if anyone is interested.

Back