Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Retrobike National Series Round 5:

The Annual Retrobike ‘Day in the Peaks’ Ride 2011
(Formerly Mr K's Day in the Peaks)

with support from

:: Date: Saturday 10th September 2011
:: Distance/time: 20 miles approx spread out over a full day's riding with plenty of fuel stops and banter.
:: Meeting at: Woodbine Cafe, Hope at 10:30am for 11:00am start.
[Restricted on road parking and a Pay and Display car park ~ Regular trains from Manchester and Sheffield]
:: Directions: Grid Ref: SK170835 ~ Postcode: S33 6RD
:: Accommodation: Plenty of options in and around the Hope Valley, including a campsite about half a mile from the start point, and the infamous Woodbine B&B.
:: Terrain: Rocky and natural Peak District tracks and trails with long climbs and longer descents. Can be a bit exposed on the moors so be prepared if the weather is inclement. Some short road sections but mostly off road. A few steep technical drops and plenty of rocks, glorious views and fast descents.
:: Strictly no helmet - no ride.

5026094744_7237485210_b.jpg

:: The Legend of K: Although Mr Kawasaki shys away from any accolades, this is the original ride which set the format for Retrobike events in the years to follow.
It all began when Mr. K and Retroking#1 decided that it would be a good idea to meet up and ride on some of the finest natural trails the Peak District has to offer. This winning formula of great riding and a highly sociable, non competitive atmosphere has prevailed.
Year after year this event has been at the pinnacle of the Retrobike calendar and, as with last year, the NW&NW Area group will be taking the reigns as organisers and guides.

:: Saturday evening and Sunday: The main ride will be on the Saturday as usual, followed by the now legendary evening pub quiz. This year there will also be an option to stick around for another shorter ride on Sunday starting a few miles away in Hayfield.
So it's a bumper edition and well worth making a full weekend of it.

:: Map: The route is a classic and is the same which has been used for the past three years. Here is link to Mr. K’s guide:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 2f3b3&z=12

Aftermath threads for these rides can be found below. Let's hope that this year will be just as successful and just as memorable:

Aftermath 2008
Aftermath 2009
Aftermath 2010

Hope to see you there!
--------------------------

The riders so far...

mrkawasaki
drystonepaul
Sinnett177
HarryCrumb
TedC
jonnyboy666
Kaya
MrLee
Dr S
Defiant (on loan from Benelux Area Group).
Fluffychicken
ChrisV40 plus newbies
Nayfinesse
Rich Aitch
Rob Atkin
Marctwotone
SLMRacing
clockworkgazz
Velomaniac
ZigZag
Rampage (possibly)
The_Grouch (possibly)
Wu-Tangled
I Believe In Fixies
weeman_mtb
rc200ti
captaincosmic
Andy B
letmetalktomark
gav (OWMTBC)
kean (OWMTBC)
Minty Sauce
any123
Gruff
legrandefromage
matthew71
Old Ned
Easy_Rider (maybe)
ratcapa (maybe)
restorich (maybe)
spencer13
Rick Draper (probably riding modern nonsense even though he's got a nice Zaskar and a Shock-a-Billy)
danson67
ededwards

Post up in the thread and I'll add you to the list.
:cool:

Not sure if there's going to be a listy thing, but I'll start one anyway. :)

Friday booked off work, week-end pass from OH. What's are other peeps doing re-accomodation - camping or poshing it up in a B&B?

1. TedC

got the time sorted i think, riding buddy sorted aswel, just need to confirm some accomodation as it'll be another jonnyboy roadtrip! :D :D

A highlight of the year without any shadow of a doubt. I won't be missing it.

I'd personally love Mr K to ride this year, 5 years on from the original 'day in the Peaks'. Wonder if we can tempt Max 'Retroking#1' out too?

Yep, definitely in (unless ill or injured - as last two years)... will start on JVs Quiz this weekend and nag Max to come along...

Are we doing the King of the Rubble hillclimb challenge again??

Count me in!!!

Massive event for me as it's my local riding area and it will be my first Retrobike ride on my first Retrobike (TM). :)

It will be the Tequesta's first ever ride off road (only done a bit on road for a shakedown).

I just hope I can manage the 20 miles. I sincerely hope the pace will be mega-casual. I've been overtaken by glaciers on some uphills. ;-)

Highlight of the year for sure.

NE&YORKS Entries so far.....

Kaya
MrLee
Dr S
Vegas
Defiant (on loan from Benelux Area Group). :cool:
Fluffychicken
ChrisV40 plus 2
Mr Oldskool
Nayfinesse
Rich Aitch
Rob Atkin
Marctwotone
SLMRacing

Dr S":34u0dneh said:
Highlight of the year for sure.

NE&YORKS Entries so far.....

Kaya
MrLee
Dr S
Vegas
Defiant (on loan from Benelux Area Group). :cool:

I suppose I'm officially in the NE/Yorks area, as I'm in Huddersfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back