Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
A great day, more to follow for sure.

6046870148_9db00bd86c_b.jpg

awesome quality day!! :D :D

got my arse out of my pit in the hotel, had breakfast and headed for the castle! as normal with retrobike meets there was a bunch of questionably attired blokes in a random carpark! :LOL: as usual handshakes, what's your name? yeah but who are you on the forum?! :LOL: it never gets old, for example, ken is dave and jimi is mark etc!! :LOL: if you haven't been to a meet then you won't get it! :LOL:

i dragged the kona explosif out of the van, and followed the group towards the climb, legs burning already from the previous 2 days riding, immediately into rooty rocky slippy terrain and it needed so much concentration but in a good way and this was the red trail, the so called easy one! my arms were getting a battering from the P2 forks but the handling of the old beastie was spot on, it was it's first proper ride since being rebuilt 3 months ago :D

we eventually got back to the castle, and hit the cafe with a vengeance! :p

at which point the usual comedy conversations came out, mustangs were mentioned after the sighting of a raleigh lizard! :LOL: don't mention the mustang! :shock:

after lunch we hit the black trail, extremely rooty :shock: mostly rideable but very hard in places and i will admit to putting foot to mud several times! :oops:

i have taken loads of pictures but i'll upload them when i get home in a few days after i have edited and cleaned them up abit.

i would like to say a massive thank you to the macretro clan, awesome bunch of guys making us all feel welcome and showing us some of the best natural trail trail centre riding i have ever been on.

i tip my hat to you gentlemen :D

Really wish I had come along. Brilliant pictures! Shocked to see JB666 not riding an Orange.

Arrived in the carpark at 9am 1hr ahead of plan but hey ho.

Have to second Jonnyboy's comments. Top notch day's riding chaps.

But for some reason all I could see on the M6 was tree root after tree roots. :roll: :LOL:

Again, cheers for a fantastic day. :D :D

Thanks to the clan MacRetro for a superb day out, it was a long day but well worth the early start.
I left home a 5am and returned at 8pm, the Overburys was a pleasure to ride, the trails were superb and the craic was top class.

For those who didn't or couldn't make it he's a few pics

Picture076.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture217.jpg

Picture225.jpg

Picture223.jpg

Thanks again for a fantastic day out hope to see ya'll soon.
Heres a link http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... %208%2011/
to the rest of the album.

I'm back at the campsite supping a beer (cheers mikee). It's deadly quiet unlike last night which was full of beans and banter. You had to be there ;)

A perfect day out on the bike, couldn't be better.

Excellent trails, awesome banter and hospitality

I'll upload my pics tomorrow when I'm back in the flat and not so rooty land of Lincolnshire.

top notch day- great to see so many new faces and thank you to all that travelled from far and wide to be at the drum today- the trails were pretty sweet and we got a nice bit of sunshine to boot. Great to be on a ride with some top people and some really nice machines, hope to see you in the not to distant future :cool:

Back