Cotswold Group Present 7th of August Cheltenham ride!!

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Putting it out to the masses as Cheltenham is well known for its infamous Leckhampton and Cleeve hill trails

The date is 7th of August with Cheltenham`s local retro man Russell guiding us through the best in the area

expect some technical ascents and descents (or follow me using the ededwards tripod method!!)

Will be good, Not to be missed

Was googling to find nice piccy of the Hill to show but found better

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/?p=957

Cheers

daj

Oooh, no pressure then. Introducing you rabble to the trails that made 'the Guvnor' and myself the riders we are today!

Leckhampton Hill is a small, but steep hill. Any ride longer than 10 miles involves a fair few loops of the hill but there are lots of trails to choose from.

The climbs can be steep and technical and the descents can be the same but there are also shallower less demanding routes to take if need be. I'll rope in a mate so that one of us can lead the more techy DH routes and the other can take the chicken runs if the group demands it :)

Depending on the weather, we can also take in Cleeve Hill. This would involve a 'HoNC' style road section between the two hills but if people are travelling, lets make a day of it!

Plenty of pubs around too.

I'll update this thread with a meeting point before the end of the month.

taster....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1JARHe ... re=related

This is going to come round fast

Anymore takers ? its going to be a great ride :cool:

Think a route is sorted.

Meeting at the top of the hill so its all downhill to start with, a couple of loops of Lecky hill taking in some good varied natural trails.

Then its nice wooded singletrack to a pubstop (the pub is on the trail... :)). After a pint and a pie its a nice bimble back to the top of the hill where you can decide whether to keep riding or call it a day.

I reckon a couple of hours riding plus whatever time is spent in the pub.

Will be PMing all those that have expressed interest this weekend with meeting point and time.

Dave, I would love to do this but my youngest boys birthday bash falls on this weekend.

Hope you have a good one and hopefully may see you over the border in the SW ride in Bristol :cool:

Good work :cool:

I have to get a steed together I have a garage of forks in bits :LOL:

Thinking of constructing a mutant Leckhampton LTS special :cool:

I have the first two weeks of August off work if anyone is about?

:cool:

Back