Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Retrobike @ Mountain Mayhem 2011 - 17th-19th June 2011

Traditionally Mountain Mayhem is Retrobike's biggest and best event of the year. This year will be no different!

The weekend's schedule is now finalised. So whether you're racing solo or just coming along to hang out and heckle there will be something for you.

Thurs 16th June - Strike Camp

Early arrivals should reach Eastnor Thursday. Will be looking to arrive Thursday early afternoon and stake out a trackside area for Retrobike. Please post up here if you plan to arrive Thursday.

Friday 17th June - Concours, BBQ, Pre-Ride & Flea Market

Most chose to arrive Friday afternoon in order to sample to pre-race ambience. Look for the retrobike banner flag when you arrive and head for it (allowing for other tents, fences, rivers etc.)

16:15 - Course pre-ride

Like two middle aged Pied Pipers of Hamelin EdEdwards and MrKawasaki will be leading a pre-ride of the fabled Mayhem course.

18:00 - Fire up the BBQ

We'll get food on the go early doors this year. The retrobike gas bbq will be in attendance, however please bring food and beer / wine / spirit to fufill your needs. Would imagine the BBQ will be on all evening.

19:00 - Flea Market

Get those quality items out on display. To take place at the trackside HQ.
There will be a stand of retrobike swag too, good chance to pick up some Endura kit or take advantage of some special MM offers.

20:00 - Concours

The concours event will start at 20:00 sharp. Please have you bike ready and polished trackside. Full details here.

Later - Giant Jenga

Just like all the top pros we'll while away what remains of the evening with Giant Jenga.

Entertainment will be provided by MrKawasaki aka DJ Bernard aka Mixmaster Ruddock on the wheels of steel with his Jean Michelle-Jarre quality light show.

Saturday 18th June - Racing

12:00 - Racing

Racing starts at 12:00 sharp. Will you be man / woman enough to take on the first lap? If not be at the Retrobike HQ to 'give encouragement' to your fellow racers.

Once again entertainment will be provided by MrKawasaki aka DJ Bernard aka Mixmaster Ruddock on the wheels of steel with his Jean Michelle-Jarre quality light show.

12:00 -> late

We'll have music, bbq and beers on the go until someone makes us stop. Normally quite early with us all being polite middle aged men.

If you're racing through the night, good luck ;)

Sunday 19th June - Finish

12:00 - Finish

The race finishes at 12:00, make sure you're still about to cheer home the last riders.

I'm working 'til 17.00 on the Thursday, should be home at 18.00. Empty the van of all my work junk and load bikes and camping gear, hopefully be on the road 20.00. 174 miles so should arrive around 23.30'ish - :cool:

Hmmm, might have to try and bring that all forward an hour... :shock:

Either way I shall be there Thursday night!

good luck men, im tied up with work and child commitments but i hereby declare my intention to be there next year!......sounds like your going to have fun!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back