Hairy Coo Mountain Bike Challenge - 7 October

cocodemer

Retro Guru
The 'Hairy Coo' is a brand new event for mountain bikers, being organised as part of the Crieff and Strathearn Drovers' Tryst. The Hairy Coo will offer mountain bike enthusiasts and spectators a fun, race-based event celebrating the unique heritage of drovers and drove roads. The event will be for both juniors and adults with spectacular scenic highland routes utilising sections of ancient drove road. The route will start and finish at Comrie Croft, a former farm, now a 4* hostel and mountain biking centre between Crieff and Comrie.

The event will be the first carbon-neutral event of its kind that we know of world-wide. Trees will be planted at Comrie Croft to provide the carbon off-set equal to the carbon foot-print of the event. The event will also adhere to the highest standards of environmental responsibility, including avoiding areas of high potential erosion, encouraging use of public transport, using local suppliers, etc.

A multi-lap race over a testing 3.5km biking course incorporating forest track climbs, exciting single track cross country loops and some technical rocky descending, as well as a quarry section with jumps and drop offs. Riders can preride the course on the morning of the event. Start/Finish Comrie Croft Hostel.

6 categories of entry, depending on age and experience, with prizes for each category. Book online or call 01764 652578. Any queries please email me.

unfortunately no specific Retro category, as 6 categories is plenty for us!

however, the more retro bikes the better as far as im concerned to get the balance right. one of the organisers used to race a lot back in the nineties so the event may have a somewhat traditional style to it.

I personally will be going round the course on my Orange Clockwork with full deore II including thumbies and Girvan Flexstem

cant wait!

Can't believe I missed this, I'm on the site almost every day and live about 30miles away, :oops: not used to looking for events north of the border on this site. I hope it went well, maybe next year.

Back