Holland Retrobike ride 3.01 edition sep 2011 page 3

Martin

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For 28 may 2011 I am trying to get some Dutch retrobikers together for a nice ride
around and some talking about.

Started on the Dutch Forum, you can give your interest here:
http://www.mountainbike.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=76347

After a good first (wich I missed) and a cancelled second, here's a new chance for the Retroride in Holland.

Date: 28 may 2011
Where: Hattem (near Zwolle)
What: some riding and talking (will ty to find a nice ride for about 40km)

Only rule: your bike has to be from 1996 or older!

If you want to come over and join and havent got account on the Dutch site, just give me a shout over here!

Cheers,
Martin

Ivo,

Well, retro is retro but I think there arent much tourer/road retroriders in Holland that will show up.

Intention is a ride through de Veluwe from something like 40km (off-road)......

Cheers,
Martin

Martin":1llc73b5 said:
Ivo,

Well, retro is retro but I think there arent much tourer/road retroriders in Holland that will show up.

Intention is a ride through de Veluwe from something like 40km (off-road)......

Cheers,
Martin

If the off-road is those typical Veluwe cyclepaths, my tourers could handle them very well, especially if I succeed to finish my Fangio before the ride starts.

I've looked into the cost of a ferry to Amsterdam and it is quite reasonable if i leave the car at home. Depending on the date i will be there.

Ivo":29i9vfxl said:
If the off-road is those typical Veluwe cyclepaths, my tourers could handle them very well, especially if I succeed to finish my Fangio before the ride starts.

Ivo, with the 'fielcrosstrips' in Wezep and Heerde there are allways some guys on fieldcrossbikes (roadbikes with fat tires) and they do well.
So in that case, why not? Most will be offroad and maybe some small pieces with loose sand (??).

Dr S":29i9vfxl said:
I've looked into the cost of a ferry to Amsterdam and it is quite reasonable if i leave the car at home. Depending on the date i will be there.
Amsterdam-Zwolle isnt that far and there must be someone in that area who can give you a ride :D

Cheers,
Martin

Ok, it'll depend on the date. A leisurely stroll will do well in between the PBP qualifiers.

Dr S., the railconnection from Amsterdam to Zwolle is excellent, all Intercity trains taking bikes.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping my good friend in Amsterdam will be joining us.

I'll be in Holland last week of April and first week of May on route to and from Single Speed Euro Champs in Belgium so I'll at least figure out if another trip across the north Sea is feasible later in year. I'd love to do a retro ride in the Netherlands as the low countries are my favourite area of Europe. I'll keep an eye on this thread ;)

Latest posts

Back