Trans Cambrian Way 24th to 26th September

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Not really an event or meet as such but a friend and I are intending to ride the Trans Cambrian Way from Monday 24th to Wednesday 26th September. It's basically a three day ride that goes across from the English border at Knighton to the Irish Sea across the remote hills and moorland of central Wales (see more details here http://www.imba.org.uk/index.php?page=T ... ambrianWay including a PDF guide with plenty of accommodation and logistical details)

Our schedule:

Monday 24th September Knighton to Rhayader (20km country lanes, 30km offroad, 1,300m climbing)

Tuesday 25th September Rhayader to Llangurig (20km country lanes, 50km offroad, 1,500m climbing)

Wednesday 26th September Llangurig to Dovey Junction (20km country lanes, 35km offroad, 900m climbing)

I've been in touch with a guy who did it and wrote an article for Singletrack (I have it in PDF somewhere) who said that it is fine if you're a reasonably fit regular rider. Chris also gave me a kit and clothing list.

Anyone interested in joining us for the whole thing or coming along for a day (or evening) just get in touch. Oh, and in case it will help, there is an option of a pub lunch on each day!

Back