Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:31 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 pm 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:43 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Macclesfield Forest
ededwards wrote:
What, Waity Katie? No? Surely not Ruddock :shock: ?


Now that he's been published, I thought he was known simply as 'The Ruddock'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:38 am 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
drystonepaul wrote:
ededwards wrote:
What, Waity Katie? No? Surely not Ruddock :shock: ?


Now that he's been published, I thought he was known simply as 'The Ruddock'.


He's a definitive article fo' sho'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5669
Location: Dorset
sinnett177 wrote:
ededwards wrote:
makster wrote:
I have heard rumour of a 'Royal' attendance :wink:


What, Waity Katie? No? Surely not Ruddock :shock: ?

The 'Queen of Ducking Everything'?


:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:09 am 
Posh Mark
Posh Mark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 5982
Location: As far from the city as you can be ....
Hoping to be there.

Never been before. What is the riding like? Hilly, flat, both?

What do the conditions tend to be like? Claggy mud, sandy, other?

Are there facilities on site?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:20 am 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
letmetalktomark wrote:
Hoping to be there.

Never been before. What is the riding like? Hilly, flat, both?

What do the conditions tend to be like? Claggy mud, sandy, other?

Are there facilities on site?


Details of the venue are here but in summary there is a Visitors Centre with loos and a cafe plus a bike shop. http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recr ... restCentre

Terrain isn't hilly - it's rideable ss - but there are some ups and dows.

Mainly sandy but with some muddy sections (which with the weather we've been having may mean quite a few soggy bits. But might not).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:07 pm 
Posh Mark
Posh Mark
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 5982
Location: As far from the city as you can be ....
ededwards wrote:
letmetalktomark wrote:
Hoping to be there.

Never been before. What is the riding like? Hilly, flat, both?

What do the conditions tend to be like? Claggy mud, sandy, other?

Are there facilities on site?


Details of the venue are here but in summary there is a Visitors Centre with loos and a cafe plus a bike shop. http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recr ... restCentre

Terrain isn't hilly - it's rideable ss - but there are some ups and dows.

Mainly sandy but with some muddy sections (which with the weather we've been having may mean quite a few soggy bits. But might not).


Cheers Ed.

Might bring my modern steed to this meet :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:39 pm 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am
Posts: 6218
To save the paparazzi from wasting a journey to Cannock - this particular brand of royalty won't be present at the Fauz Twizzler... citing recovery from bronchitis, m'ludd.

Enjoy the grot....

The Rudock - cough -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:48 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Up the hill on my bike
I'm coming up, and will be bringing Uncle Monty along to. The "command module" may also come along for a ride around the easier trails.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:57 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
I reminded the gaffer at work today :lol:

He'd not looked in the diary and was a little put out as the other mechanic is off to Amsterdam on a stag do!

A few weeks ago there were only 2 staff in the shop on a Saturday and that was fine (the gaffer was in London), but with both the other mechanic and myself being off the same weekend it means the gaffer can't just sit in his office all day, he's gonna have to do some work and help the other mechanic out :lol:

Anyhoo, if you can't be bothered reading all that, the basics of it all is that I'm coming to Cannock :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Cannock 12.02.11
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:43 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 36
I'll be there!!!! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group