What I rode on the 27th instead of the Twizzler

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
After the difficult call to cancel the Twizzler it looks like lots will be using their pass out nonetheless, so why not post up photos/words here.

went to thetford to further imprint the route for 23rd in my brain. only 3 of us, me, rekiborter & mikec. good day was had

Nothing today in the thawing, freezing slush but did manage a local group 'ride' (riding in the loosest sense, an extended push for me) yesterday. At -14C it was by far the coldest ride I've done but, once warmed up, it wasn't that unpleasant and the super fine snow was very dry so no wet feet. A nip of port was warming too.

Did a few miles on the road bike, but it was bloody miserable and cold. So retired to the garage to tinker with the heater on.

We did a wintry epic with a portion of chips around the Buxton and Goyt Valley area.
Plenty of snow and ice and seven riders altogether.
I've delegated the ride report to Mr K so I expect it to be slightly sarcastic and ever so melodramatic too.

From my perspective it was a great ride. A triumph over adversity in fact...

Here's a couple of photos.

NWA-GoytValley-December-001.jpg

NWA-GoytValley-December-002.jpg

I'll post up a link to the aftermath once Mr K has duly obliged...

EDIT: Mr K has now performed his duties admirably and the aftermath thread is here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130356

sinnett177":ngn3xdfe said:
Did a few miles on the road bike, but it was bloody miserable and cold. So retired to the garage to tinker with the heater on.
Very wise, riding on the road had me almost weeping and that was just half a mile but getting amongst the tress was significantly better.

Went on a local loop on the Cotswold hills above Blockley - spent lots of time trying to ride through fluffy snow and equal time on my ar$E. Good Fun but wish I could have found a few more hard packed trails :D

rimg1748.jpg

Six East Midlanders made the most of our Day-Passes with a 25 mile off road jaunt based on a figure of 8 centred on a pub. A good day.
Not sure if there are any photos to prove this as Ed was too intent on playing with his new gps gadget.

I joined up with drystonepaul , Mr K and a few others for a superb ride in the wintry conditions. :D

b1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back