The best ride you did in 2010

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Still a few days left but wondering what was "the best ride you did in 2010"? Could be a ride organised through here, a particularly memorable day out on your own or with a couple of friends, a road ride, whatever.

Feel free to wax as lyrical as you want, and photos always help.

Posting from my phone so can't share pictures. I've loved the local rides i've done with new and existing friends off the forum. It's great to know that any given sunday morning there will definately be someone up for a ride somewhere in lincolnshire or east yorkshire.

Also very memorable was the ride i organised at sherwood pines. A joint ride with the lincolnshire and midlands areas but we were also joined by some of the north east yorkshire lot. The weather was foul on the drive down. Visibility down to a matter of metres. Got there safely to be met the midlanders who had experienced the same.

We had breakfast then decided to face the rain. Just as we were preparing bikes the skies cleared and remained dry do the rest of the day.

Unocogero did a great job of showing up round, both on the trail and also the serpentine singletrack he knows so well.

Had a pretty impressive turn out despite the weather, met more new faces. And had a good laugh at the back of the group. That's what it's all about

edit. link and pic
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

29c6zhh.jpg

Without sounding a suck-up prob the road ride with you, Cas and Rocky back in April (i think thats when it was?) it was a challenge yet i was pretty fit for me, first time i did a road ride with others and was still pretty new to it all . I had just had the levers set up for my hands so experenced decending on the drops for the first time down some pretty awesome roads (tracks!!) and the sprint to the finish ... well chuffed to still be hanging in there at the end even if i did actually go VERY dizzy when we stopped :shock: Rocky when he passed out going up one of the hills (think del boy falling over in bar moment) but still on bike :LOL:

and of course not forgetting the hospitality laid on after :D

legrandefromage":d7nqe0pw said:
Didnt get out as much as I'd hoped this year due to work but the epic of the gates was a laugh - nervous as heck trying to set it all up though:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108853

Yup, the rides of the gates was fantastic. Never before have I been so happy to find a pub.
puuuuuuuub_213.jpg

Second on my list would be the snowy Thetford ride in January. Brilliant weather and a record turn out.
dsc00264_w800_h600_484.jpg

Three events really stand out for me.

Mayhem, OWMTBC and the first ride I organised at Macc Forest all the way back in snowy January.

They've all been great though.

MM was really good, really good...... :D

but the SSEC at the FoD was outstanding :D :D really found out the meaning of 'slow' and 'fast' on a bike :shock:
Superb route, nice company, good food and vaste quantities of ale, what more could a plump 30+ man want of a weekend :D

Enjoyed them all, probably the most significant one though was back in in February Sun 21st
Not the easiest, not the most fun, not the longest, scariest or anything.
Probably one of the prettiest though.
But it's where the retro-rides all started for me and I've made some good friends as well.

My first ever retrobike ride. Also my second ride on a bike for many a years, previously having only ridden once few months before to test my bike was working after I rebuilt it.

It was the first snowfall over here and nice it was too.
Preparing to get there, no winter gear but my trusty GoreTex Trek cycling jacket from the early 90's and some new lidl/aldi shoes.

Chatting to the walkers and hanging around for quite some time, with no phone contact, wondering if these other RetroBikes I'd barely chatted to on a forum could actually turn up. Given the weather as well.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=
P1020211.JPG

Back