Status
Not open for further replies.

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Ok, so it's the Saturday before Christmas but if you haven't finished preparations by then it's probably too late anyway. Alternatively, why not escape from the drudgery of preparations with a sociable ride along quiet lanes?

Enough of the hard sell - 50 undulating miles with stunning views. Start at 10.30 a.m. and end at Hampton Bishop in Herefordshire. Optional pub lunch. Mince pies and mulled wine at the end. And for those who did the first road ride, this one is in reverse direction (and it's amazing how different it is the other way round).

Post here if you're up for it. I'll go regardless.

It could be a birthday bash for me - but it's a bit far away. Sorry Ed, hope you get some takers.

Old Ned":17ikhino said:
It could be a birthday bash for me - but it's a bit far away. Sorry Ed, hope you get some takers.

No problem, we'll toast you with mulled wine (when I say 'we' i mean me and the evil that lives inside).

I rode the route today and it was as quiet and scenic as usual if a bit muddy due to all the tractors.

TheGreenRabbit":c2qhf3gq said:
Would love to come over, but have a date clash with another ride.
Next time.

clunker":c2qhf3gq said:
Would you let me ride my modern Rourke as the Roberts is in bits :oops:
You'll be fine with the Rourke although naturally I'll be obliged to rib you incessantly.

Might have to be the Trek...... and it's owner will need a bit more practice on the turbo beforehand! Trying to visualise your normal route in reverse - I have a few pet hates around your way.

CAS":23xg3yv1 said:
Trying to visualise your normal route in reverse - I have a few pet hates around your way.

Reverse direction is Hampton Bishop-Mordiford-Dormington-Checkley-Marcle Ridge-How Caple-Kings Caple-Hoarwithy etc. - to be honest it's a slightly stiffer start than the other way round. Only way to get quiet roads all the way though.

Matt has a broken collarbone so with only one other rider signed up we'll postpone to the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back