Real Ale Wobble Aftermath!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
well, i don't know if you saw my update on the organisational thread last night so i'll quickly recap.

we met up at the pub, obviously! :D i found mike(grannygrinder) in the stonecross arms i think it is called, frankly he was already pretty slaughtered!! :LOL: he was at the back of the pub on the pool table drinking with Sheldon and the "Knights of Niche", those guys were also in mid "fart off" competition, needless to say there was an oder in the air!!! :shock: :LOL: sheldon had to leave at one point it was so bad, i wasn't far behind him, it was that bad. :shock:

a little while later Ed (orange71) turned up with his friend Geoff, who does post occasionally post on here i think as Mr rigid but i can't confirm this, Geoff was bikeless and was planning to spend saturday drinking but i kindly offered my spare bike . . . he was really pleased about this!! :LOL:

We met the next morning (today) at about 9.30 ready for a 10am depart, without Grannygrinder, he had overdone it last night!! we also met up with Daj aswel with his 3 other mates dressed in genuine Orange football kit!! Also Tim (theflyingwelshman) was about looking flying fit as usual!! Git!!

as usual it was pretty much straight into bottle necks and climbs to start with interupted by 2 cars getting in everyone's way, Ed said to him "there's only about another 400 riders behind us!" he might aswel have said, you are a knob!! :LOL: we did laugh!

after the first climb cam the first descent, down a messy track in to 2 small water crossings!! :D first came the shout of "it's only water you pansies!!!" it stuck for the remainder on the ride!! :LOL: all i could think of was mickey rourke in "sin city" getting electocuted with his comment of "is that all you got you pansies!!" told Ed and Geoff they need to watch that film!!

then came more climbing, followed by some awesome descents, on rocky slatey trails that were in some cases almost 2 feet deep in water!! there were also nice rideable muddy descents, i went down one with Ed behind me, coming towards the bottom i could see 2 riders that hadn't made it, they were looking at us as if to say "go on, fall off!" i went sideways but somehow held it, then came the comment "fairplay!" i was happy!

we carried on, to the last beer stop, i had another half of something! looked like piss to be honest . . . could well have been!! it's ale!! how am i supposed to know!!! :LOL: i am a lager drinker!! :LOL:

we rolled back into Llanwryt wells in a very muddy state, all with smiles on our faces!! :D

we arranged to meet in the pub as soon as poss, which for me meant a trip 20 miles back to my hotel! showered and returned at about 4.30pm to a pub with a power cut! the threat on no food! :shock: luckily they got the electrician sorted and food was ours by 6.30pm! :D after a few coke's as i was driving i left the boys to drink to their fill! promising that next year i will get a place to stay in the town (if possible!) so that i can actually drink!!! :D

here's a facebook link for the pics! i think you'll like!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 00a6d46aca

anyone who hasn't been to this should try it, it is a brilliant laugh on some of the best natural trails in the country. :D

Missed it again due to friends (who were providing transport pussying out)

Had a good boozy night in Oxford instead, toasting pepper red with every round. (Pepper red being the Red ford focus that was washed away in a flash flood on the way to last years event.)

you missed a good one! good route, and Ed said it was he best RAW weather he had ever seen!!

:D

What a laugh :D :D :D
As is now the norm i proved again that you don't need a bike to enjoy the Wobble, roll on next year :D

Where do I start

Brilliant day and great to catch up with everyone

Highlights for me

-geoff leading the charge down the 3ft deep mud decent to stop solid within two foot

-strange looks in the football kit

-jon and Ed cutting through the crowd down a tech decent

-having to ride through a 3ft deep section thinking I could sneak round it only to find jon there waiting with camera chanting pansy!!!

-someone stealing my bike and outfit and getting caught on eds video camera bottling a section...if you happen to see this footage its not me!!

-jon explaining to horrified riders the john lewis story

-grannygrinders "I shouldn't of drunk that much" face in the morning

- the glorious weather

Brilliant still knackered now

Here is the team kit !

Forgot to add ed riding back with his pint was funny as!

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzUtMjAxMDExMTMtMTUyOS5qcGc.jpg

I'll let the pictures do the talking, going to bed now!! "Is that all you've got you pansies!!"

pb130033.jpg

pb130034.jpg

pb130035.jpg

pb130036.jpg

pb130040.jpg

pb130041.jpg

pb130042.jpg

pb140044.jpg

Back