SSWC 2010 ~ Rotorua, New Zealand....

gil_m

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, I realise this is a bit of a long shot for a lot of you but there are over 1050 people entered in this years Single Speed championship so I guessed there might be somebody else off here turning up for the event...

Maybe I am mad after all :?

I will be in town from Thursday evening, got to check out the first part of the bid process for next years event, currently looks like Ireland but anything could change

Anyway chances are I'll be drunk but that doesn't thin it out really, I'll also be wearing a very early Pace T'shirt given to me by Duncan, so if you see me, pop along and say hello, you never know I might even buy you a beer if I have any money left :)

Here's a taster for you Richie

Afriad it's a trail in the South Island but it gives you the general idea...

It's a nightmare out here :)

Attachments

• DSC00196b.jpg
    DSC00196b.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,795
Look forward to seeing the pics Gil. Assume everyone has their bikes parked upside down?

...Now I realise why they do that ;)

Off to bed now, had enough of Tuesday, need to be race fit for the weekend :LOL:

Oh well thats the first part of the fun and games out the way...

Next years venue is down to Ireland, Italy, South Africa and Canada

Australia have been knocked out and the Philippines missed the cut of time

More to follow as it happens ;)

...Off for another beer now :)

have you met a guy called andrew durno? aka "tall beast"? i think he's riding a niner. his band (head like a hole) have done the theme tune. met him in the alps a few years ago and he's a top bloke. say Hi if you see him, can't miss him, he's tall and a beast! :LOL: tattoo's etc

looking forward to when you are back aswel so i can order some stickers!! :D

Course ridden, it's great, fast and flowy will loads of short sharp rises

Monster climb to start with, to break down the 1000 riders then into a nice little slightly technical descent and then out onto a long fire road section before diving into narrow twisty single track through a Big Redwood/rain forest terrain

Probably the least techincal SSWC trail I have ridden but my "lap time" seemed to be around 1 1/2 hrs, like it matters ;)

Party night tonight then "big ride" day tomorrow, off to crack a beer and see how gets next years event :)

:cool: sounds superb.

wind, rain and soggy trails here in blighty for you when you come back bud :shock:

Back