sunday 31st October, Jb666's isle of wight ride!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So who's up for another isle of wight bimble then? probably the usual route, i was hoping to do a december version like last year but my work rota around that time really does suck alot!!! :roll:

i'm sure the usual arrangements will be fine which means a 9 or 10 am ferry from lymington ferry terminal (about £11) this ride usually includes a lunch stop at a pub in shorwell, the ride is normally about 25 miles long and it is pretty hilly so single speed bikes are not generally recommended, although if you are as hard as nails then feel free to put yourself through that pain!!! :LOL:

bike wise it would be nice to see some retro weapons but if you only have modern toss then that will have to do i suppose!! :LOL:

also feel free to bring your friends if you want, the more the merrier!

:D :D :D

---------------------------------------

EDIT!!! :D

i went for a ride over there today and on the way i noticed a road closure on the A337 through brockenhurst, they will be doing work on the train track that crosses the A337 so there will be a diversion for those using this route which i assume will be anyone coming from the M27. i'm not sure how much of the road section they might be working on so i can't advise a definite route option to get to the ferry terminal but if you want to avoid it altogether i would suggest going to brockhurst as normal on the A337 but just as you enter the 30mph limit turn left and head towards beaulieu, then after about 4 miles turn right at hatchet pond, this road will take you all the way to lymington at which point you will see the ferry signs.

there is a possibility of another route that would be shorter but only if they are only working on the train track. i would suggest leaving yourself an extra 15mins travel time just incase.

also i am gonna say we'll get the 10am ferry. this means no one should have to get up too early if they are coming a long way. but i would suggest being there for around 945am to get your bikes/kit sorted aswel as getting tickets/car park payment etc.

any questions feel free to PM me

look forward to seeing you all :D

I could be in for this!
I've got a halloween party the night before though so may be slightly hanging :LOL:

makster":3jdb1431 said:
I could be in for this!
I've got a halloween party the night before though so may be slightly hanging :LOL:

Should make for even better banter then ;)

Kev, be good if you can make it ;)

yep! had a few other confirmations via PM as to who is coming. but even if no one turns up other than me i'll still be going!!! :D

I am doing my up most to get 4 along as its the day thats been chosen for the "wobble" pre ride, But im struggling to convince them to be honest :roll:

daj, do it!! it will be a laugh, especially if heathy brings his warped sense of humour!!! :LOL:

here are some pics to temp them!! :D

also i'm about to edit the first post with regards to directions etc as there is a road closure that could affect a few people.

Attachments

• clockwork playing golf!.jpg
    clockwork playing golf!.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,462
  • tennyson trail.jpg
    tennyson trail.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,462
  • the women look nicer these days!.jpg
    the women look nicer these days!.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,462
Back