Peaks Ride 2010 (formerly 'Mr K's Peaks Ride') - Aftermath

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
As the licence holder for this ride, I felt it my duty to rise from the sick bed to check on the health of my franchise... and nearly all was good! If I had to be picky (who me??), there were one or two details that I found a tad irksome - most have been captured on memory stick for further analysis. Most notable though - the Guvnor turning up on a rare Raleigh Mirage with a Cheng Shin copy rear tyre set the tone; the ride leader's sad gay headband; the unfortunate granny bashing incident, with JV appearing to thieve her purse; DryPaul blaming tyre choice for walking the first downhill; the glitter or fleck paint fad; the new trend of wearing gloves that match your bike - JV and Woody being glaring examples of foppishness - I could go on, but I think Strictly is on and I'm expecting Sinnett to prance across the widescreen....

Mr K
License Holder 'Mr K Presents' Enterprises

Attachments

• In the Gravy.JPG
    In the Gravy.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 4,038
  • Granny Bashers.JPG
    Granny Bashers.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,038
  • Band Aid.JPG
    Band Aid.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 4,038
  • All seeing bear.JPG
    All seeing bear.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,038
More pictorial evidence...

Attachments

• Undergrowth.JPG
    Undergrowth.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 4,039
  • Stackattack.JPG
    Stackattack.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 4,040
  • Glitterballs.JPG
    Glitterballs.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 4,039
  • Bad Shorts Day.JPG
    Bad Shorts Day.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 4,038
:roll:

Attachments

• Glove Club.JPG
    Glove Club.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 4,034
  • Train in vain.JPG
    Train in vain.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 4,034
  • Walkabout.JPG
    Walkabout.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 4,034
  • Edwards School of DH.JPG
    Edwards School of DH.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 4,034
Looks like i missed a top day out, i'm also intrigued about the JV / Granny incident... WFT?

Gutted I missed out on this too, looks like the weather stayed good for you :)

Yes tell us what happened with granny :LOL:

Cheers for a grand day out and thanks to the chap who gave me a bolt for the one I lost on my cleat.

Good route, although seemed to spend most of it going up - but thankfully rewarded with some good downhill bits.

I think the Granny's last words were "I had one of those back in my day" before she was dealt with :LOL:

Think she was ok - joking aside.

Highlights for me: Black ski pants with red G string in the Woodbine followed by a very nice blonde at the next stop. Oh - and of course all the downhill sections except the first :roll:

Thanks again
John

me n jason fecking loved today,again cheers to everyone and thanks for not taking the piss for him riding modern.........wasnt expecting you lot so quite lol

high lights for me were

blonde at the cafe
riding up hills further than last year
riding a proper retrobike, not a neo retro
riding
blonde at the cafe

lows were

falling off riding down hills fast,scared?? hell yeah :D
not bringing the blonde home
getting a puncture two weeks in a row

that was it really lol

thanks to all for organising it again,roll on next years rides :D :D :D :D

Top ride today. Thanks to mark and paul for organising and Mr K for allowing the franchise to be passed on. We racked up around 21 miles round the now classic Peaks loop.

The granny fell on a twig having being distracted by Rob's Pace. Not being cynical City types Rob and I helped the old lady up. Just like I was taught in cubs.

As for the gloves those in glass houses etc....

Look forward to seeing the rest of the pics.

Back