Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:38 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:00 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

heres a few snaps off my mobile.......wish id took more pics, the whole ride was photo heaven!

i have promised myself not to go on the p1ss the night before a big ride from now on :oops: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:41 am 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC

'Hope No Longer Springs....'

Apparently 'Grannygate' is in this morning's News of the Screws - Clifford has done a deal with the old girl and the lithe, eagle-eyed photographer.... at least the truth can come out properly now... ;-)

They're still working on the headline, so feel free to contribute...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:47 am 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear

John wrote:
As for Grannygate only one person comes out of this incident badly. MrK. Last time I heard of papping that cynical (Wu's pap of Lampard aside) was in a Parisian underpass. For the record she was checking out the Pace although did comment on the mirage's exage trail ensemble.

Photos don't lie and you're clearly using your big city smarts on some elderly lady with an accomplice to cover you while you palm her wallet. Getting Ruddock to record it photographically so you can vicariously enjoy it later with your mates was a nice touch though (as is the double blind of putting blame elsewhere).

A well respected community leader revealed as a petty thief and happy slapper. Who would have thunk it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:57 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

mrkawasaki wrote:
They're still working on the headline, so feel free to contribute...

Kawa-Pappy Granny Snapper strikes again?
Blazer wearing old lady voyeur in Hope?

Anyhow good to see some more pictures of the actual ride. Will upload the route later on today.

If the chap who wanted the jersey can drop me aPM sure we ca sort something out, guess I must've missed you.

Last edited by John on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:51 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
NE, North and West Yorks AEC

First off I'd like to say a BIG thanks to Mark & Paul for taking the lead on such a classic event and doing a fantastic job.
It was good to catch up with some old face's and to put some face's to name's as well.

I would also like to say how happy I am to be bringing the coveted Bike of the ride award back to the North East & Yorkshire Area where it belongs (even thou I won it by default)

Here's some of my favorite pics of the day with a link to the rest.

Sunny start

Look were your going

All important angles

Bike I would like to take home

Speed is your friend

DSP treads a different path

The pain of uphillin

Making it look easy

Here's a link to the rest of my pics http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... e%20Peaks/

Hope you enjoy them

Thanks to everyone for making this another grand day out :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:03 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC

Pics from me:

Monkey Winners:

JV

Mr Ship

DSP

BoTR Winner:

Kaya

Others of interest:

Facial

Stunner

More here:
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... ks%202010/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:22 pm 
Section Moderator & South West AEC
Section Moderator & South West AEC

i'm gutted i didn't do this, lack of money was the cause but it looks like you guys had a great day, loving the pics.

the blonde looks nice aswel but not quite up to the blonde from the "scent of a woman" ride from earlier this year!! :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:43 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Some pics:

The rest are HERE :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:05 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear

I understand that the following will be in next weeks Hope Clarion

"Local celebrity felled by out of town thugs by Crispen Molehusband

The tranquil peace and quiet of Hope was shattered on Saturday last when the scourge of Broken Britain descended on our village. Incredibly, Beatrice Blower, stalwart of the WI (as anyone who has tasted her Victorian sponge will agree) was assaulted in plain sight by an out of towner.

PC Copper, the first of the emergency services on the scene, takes up the tale "It was a beautiful Saturday and I was at home tending to the wife's garden when I got the call. They said that it was possibly a 187 so, to my wife's dismay, I immediately got dressed and hotfooted it to scene. What I saw dismayed me - an elderly lady , visibly shaken, with a middle aged helmeted man standing over her. It appeared to be a misunderstanding as he helped Beatrice to her feet; only later was his true intent revealed".

Three days later, Beatrice was finally able to comment "I was strolling in town when I noticed a scruffy old bike - it looked just like the one stolen from my nephew in 1991. I stopped to examine it more closely when I was jostled to the ground by a relatively young man. He was foaming at the mouth and muttering about 'respect'. I must say that I didn't care for his attitude much but I was placated to a degree when he eventually, with a accomplice, helped me to my feet. I was so shaken that it was only when I got home that I noticed that my purse was gone. Heartless little ****".

A pal of the perpetrator commented "I think the Big Man misunderstood our banter and inadvertently unleashed the hurt on an elderly lady. I have to admit, after the initial shock, he was surrounded by a baying mob, goading him on. And I'm ashamed that I was party to the goading".

Is no place on our fair isle free of this scourge? Is our community no longer safe? Be careful, this terror is spreading from the city and doesn't always wear a hoodie. Oh, if only Diana was only here.

The identity of the shameless assailant is unknown but he was reported to have a website address on his very tight fitting jersey. The Hope Cyber Squad are looking into this but in the meantime if anyone knows more about this crime, please contact Hope Police Station on ........... "

Apparently a freelance photographer has offered images, gratis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:47 pm 
East Midlands AEC
East Midlands AEC

Bit harsh??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next