OWMTBC10 Aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Just got home and unloaded the car - top weekend, will post some photos and thoughts a bit later.

An amazing weekend, thank you so much to the organisers for all their efforts in making it so great. I have countless memories from the weekend, but here are a few that are still whirling around my head.

- Arriving, thinking I'd be able to get some sleep coming off a night shift. How wrong I was, I arrived only to get into a 1 1/2 hour conversation about old bikes. Once i'd dragged myself away to my room for some kip, I was too exicted to sleep.

- Finally meeting Tim Davies and what a gent he is. Fridays riding with him was a real highlight for me, following him, learning from his lines and technique was just awesome. I also really enjoyed leading the group down the big descent to the car park at Llanwrist, the riding was really flowing and the cro-mega SS was flying. I could hear someone on my tail all the way down and I was hopeful of shaking them off, when i reached the bottom I saw it was Tim and I hadn't gained an inch. I just hope I had'nt slowed him too much.

- Seeing the all too common ti-mega's. We had 3! Tim Davies '92 bike, mine ane a mint frameset supplied by Jerone. But also all the other people who got being the alpinestars theme and brought some stunning al-mega and cro-mega's for us all to admire in all their dayglo glory.

- The MS Racing - alpinestars presentation, nervous as hell tbh but mumbled my way through. I'd written over 10 pages of notes and prompts, but they went out of window under pressure. But it appeared to go well and my confidence grew towards the end. Having both Neil and Tim alongside helped as they where able to punctuate the presentation with useful info and comment.

- The Q and A with Tim Davies. What a roaring success that was. Tim was simply outstanding, his answers and stories where just great. I loved every minute of it and could probably of kept asking questions all night. It was especially nice to have his fathers input also, and what a nice man his Dad was too.

- The Friday night quiz. Thanks to Ed for knowing the answers, I now have another RB mug.
gary-coleman-arnold.jpg

- The shopping challenge. What the hell must the general public of thought? Grown lycra clad men, travelling the world to collect childrens toy groceries on a shopper bike. Looking forward to seeing the Tim Davies pictures (in full astars kit) on the shopper and indeed tagging it to him on facebook!

more to follow...

Top weekend, this years OW really buiult on last years event. Big thanks to the organisers and to everyone who could make it. Really looking forward to (most) of the pics.

Will post a few more thoughts tomorrow once I can think straight...

John":29qhtwqu said:
Top weekend, this years OW really buiult on last years event. Big thanks to the organisers and to everyone who could make it. Really looking forward to (most) of the pics.

Will post a few more thoughts tomorrow once I can think straight...

:LOL: :LOL:
wont say no more .

great week end too , Tim Davis is a true champion , was interested to see all the bikes and answered all our questions , even if he had already answered them 100s times .

The riding was fantastic , stunning views .

A big thank you to the OWC crew .

and to Orange for my frame , go told off by the wife so if anyone has a pciture of the presentation ,would be grateful :LOL:

- Well being paired with a multiple champion in the hill climb and XC competition was a stroke of genius by nemesis Neil, I was smoked in both events (the long route not helping my chances in the XC :shock: ). But thats not what the event was about, what a privilage it was to be alongside one of the greats of the sport and see his ability first hand as he dissapeared from my view in both events. As Neil put it "it was funny seeing you with your fat arse trying to keep up with Tim", kind words from a man with his fat arse in the sunshine bus.

- The trails, the marin loop is as good as anything i've ever ridden, a great choice of venue.

- GT-Steve being a very brave boy after dislocating his shoulder, thanks to all who helped him, everyone who came by offered to help in some form or another. I hope you have a speedy recovery Steve and come back riding with us soon.

- The bear, comedy genius. Edwards is a legend and worth the entry fee alone.
ed_imgBO-BEAR_56383a.jpg

- 'The Champion of The World' - Gav (aka Easy_Rider) was absolutely stunned when he won, a look of total disbelief. A very worthy winner too, he's a pleasure to hit the trails with.

- The Guv's big night out, more to follow surely.

- The Sunday ride, perhaps better known as 'the fire road special stage', I've trusted Neil with a map before so feel partly responsible for this.

Thanks again guys a truely awesome weekend.

Boss weekend.

As others, will post more later, but generally ace to put faces and hands to a few usernames and some fantastic chats in the bar post rides.

It's a shame mr k couldn't have brought a decent bike, but ed made up for this oversight with his beautiful Altitude.

Oh, and the riding was top too!

More some time soon...

BB

This sounds like a fantastic weekend!!
So sorry I couldnt get there, but baby arrived yesterday morning, so good excuse I feel! :D

Would love to see some pics and a good wright up of the weekend. Sounds legendary!

Well done Chris, guess you won the new Orange frame! Pics!!

here is a link to farsebook, i would put a few on here but i'm having trouble with the new laptop! your are more than welcome to tag yourself and add me if you want but please send a message if you do so i know who it is!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... eb3c042477

really enjoyed the weekend, as i expected i would, the bikes, the people the riding, everything.

will add more after work tomorrow :D

What a fantastic weekend! I shall attempt to summarise my memories once I've caught up on some sleep.

For now though I'd like to add to the thanks and congratulations to the organisers for running what was at times was a beautifully orchestrated and always highly entertaining series of events combined with a heady cocktail of good humour and infectious enthusiasm. The continuous elements of surprise, improvisation and downright blagging it, for both the participants and particularly the organisers was spectacular.

The spirit of the event was also amazing and I'm proud to have been part of a group of such friendly, welcoming and varied individuals who helped create such a fantastic atmosphere throughout.

Notable highlights for me were the sustained look of shock and bewilderment when Gav was crowned as the World Champion. A worthy, deserving and humble winner if ever there was one.

As a concluding part of 'The Guvnor's Big Night Out', other highlights included 'a late night audience with John, Ed and Neil' at 3am. Less said the better on this one for now though...

I've only just got home :-/ I can report that Penmachno is BRUTAL on rigid forks (even with 29in wheels - I think Crusty the Cannondale would have killed me).

Anyway. A weekend hewn from purest win and topped with big gobs of awesome. Great to meet you all in real life - joined a few usernames to real names, and have voices to go with posts now :)

Have a smattering of riding pics:

Attachments

• _MG_1193_edit.jpg
    _MG_1193_edit.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 9,373
  • _MG_1200_edit.jpg
    _MG_1200_edit.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9,373
  • _MG_1205_edit.jpg
    _MG_1205_edit.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 9,373
  • _MG_1210_edit.jpg