Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:24 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:53 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

I'm going on Tuesday 26th on the oh so expensive Newcastle Ferry, worked considerably less hassle for me and my bike than Jamie's choice, no car/van :wink:

Will have a night in Amsterdam my favourite European capital then take the wonderful Netherlands trains down to Maastricht and cycle across the Belgian border to Tongeren for another nights rest, Following day take the equally wonderful Belgian Trains (I hope) to Namur then cycle the 18 miles to the race Venue.

Sunday after the event its back to Namur for stay in youth hostel then train back to Liege for cycle along to Maastrict for another night in its youth hostel. Train back to Amsterdam and cycle to Haarlem for overnight hostel stay then back on boat back home.

Thanks to internet everythings booked and confirmed so its just a case of getting it done. I also am looking forward to it big time 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:43 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Better build my single speed bike I suppose, I've been hanging around the dark geared side when I should've been practicing the SS thing :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:39 pm 
Dirt Disciple

A few days before SSEC ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:38 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Yes indeed, bike selected (not retro :oops: ), ferries booked, trains booked, hostels booked, money to be converted, last place on the event not booked but I'm hopefull I'll get it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:31 pm 
Old School Hero

Flogged a bike, got some beer money! Flash organised an excellent lift for us, see you all next Friday! (anyone else bringing polo mallets?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:47 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Unfortunately due to my bloody M.E. and a sore neck I've decided not to race at SSEC. I will be there to cheer you lot on, I've been looking forward to my holiday built around this event so I'm definitely going to be there. I probably wont bring a bike and even if I did it'd have gears :roll:

See you all there :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:46 pm 
Sticker Master
Sticker Master

Next weekends weapon of choice...

Twenty years old this year and still going strong, they sure made real stems back then :)

Attachments:
IMG_6131.JPG
IMG_6131.JPG [ 253.12 KiB | Viewed 1077 times ]
IMG_6134.JPG
IMG_6134.JPG [ 202.32 KiB | Viewed 1077 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:58 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I'm ready............

Post subject: See you all there.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:52 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

I'll be there on Friday morning.
Turning into a bit of a comedy this one :roll:
We are due to leave on Weds to travel down south for the Eurostar early Friday morning. Now though it looks like the little mans passport wont be through in time, so I may be on my own, which means I wont be going to see freinds in Germany afterwards so no family holiday this time.
I will also be in the wifes Beetle rather than the T25 Van.
I have been building up my new 1x1 but unfortunately due to finances its not as bling as I had planned, maybe ready for Ireland :lol:
I have fitted new Avid V's rather than discs as I hadnt had the time to build up the Spank rims or the cash for BB7's. Using my old LX cranks for now, hopeful to replace them with a set of ENO's. My trusty Titec H bars fitted, a nice new ano green seatpost. I bought a set of Schwalbe Fat Alberts that finally showed up on Friday, only to find they had sent a FA in 2.25 instead of 2.4 for the rear specific, no big deal really but for the front they sent a plain Albert again in 2.25, so not happy. I left a messege on their shop phone Friday and Sat hoping to buy the right one over the phone so they could send it out right away and I could then send the Albert back for a refund but so far no luck which means I will probably have to use the Albert as I only have one working day till I have to leave and I am in no way buying a Fat Albert at retail. It was a good deal as they were half price but it wouldnt matter if they were almost free, if its not what I want. Anyway enough of a rant about tyres and Planet X :wink:
Really looking forward to it, just hope the rest of the family can join me.
Velo, sad to hear your not well and also that you wont be riding. At least take your gear as if you feel better I am sure we could russle up enough stuff to build a bike.
Flash, that Pugsley is the way of the future, one of my most wanted in fact, maybe I could blag a shot on it around the campsite.
Heres a couple of pics from build
This one just cobbled together for fit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:19 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Edit:

Determined to be there on a bike but really unlikely to race unless I'm in a stoopid mood.

I hope Belgian trains are as easy to use as Dutch ones :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next