Wow, what a top weekend. Great to see so many retro bikers old and new enjoying the organisation of Dr S and Gil.
Firstly a big thanks to Si and Gil for organising such a great event , its humbling to see the efforts people go to for our enjoyment.
Secondly, what a ride. The route was excellent, definitely something for everyone there. I’m sure many of those in attendance will be back to sample more of the North Yorkshire Moors. I think we all did really well, very few mechanicals and good endurance from all. My favourite section was the moor land single track on the way out, it rode really well and fast too.
Thirdly, thanks to the good sports Si and Longun, who took part in our spontaneous trails comp. Longun the eventual winner, taking home a NOS pair of size 11 Nike Poobahs for his troubles (generously donated by OrangeEd71).
Finally I took quite a few photos, here are a few and the rest are available on the link below:
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... /BDW%20II/
- The Friday night Pub ride, we went to an amazing pub down in the valley.
- Beavis and Brocklander’s big night out, you won’t remember it guys but it was funny.
- Mr K’s little fall.
- The pint of blonde in the mid ride pub.
- The no hot food in the pub, then our sandwiches come with chips.
- Mr K’s MBUK ‘Oakley Frogskins’!
- The sunshine after the storm, glorious!
- Hill sprinting with the Guv.
- Showers!! What a difference from last year.
- Judging the best bikes with Ed, that was tough.
- Star gazing with the boys post pub.
- Some great bikes being ridden as intended, a personal highlight was Brocklanders Orange Clockwork, absolute stunner.
- Thanks to Ian and Lee for there fantastic alpinestars karma, a pair of gloves and some sweatbands coming my way.
Only downer is that you don't get the chance to meet everyone properly, but at least now I can put names to faces. Reckon I need to make the effort to get out with ChrisV40, Longun and FC on their Scunthorpe pikey rides